We’re the secret weapon of Charlotte growth companies.
“I am a believer in the Charlotte Agenda and your team’s vision, so this is an easy choice for us. Thanks for making that so. Your honesty and transparency is refreshing and sorely missing in our business.” – Blair Primis, VP of Marketing at OrthoCarolina (partner since 2015)
The Agenda’s audience is large, young, smart and social. We painstakingly create ad products from scratch and we want to partner with Charlotte brand marketers who “get it.” But, we’re not cheap. Interested? Contact Cristina Wilson – cristina(at)charlotteagenda.com.
Why We Exist
Charlotte Agenda exists to make Charlotte the smartest, most human city in the world.
Our Advertising Philosophy
We love local advertising. Unlike others, we don’t view advertising as a necessary evil that pays for other stuff – we love it. Why? People want to hear from local business. Our goal is to create advertising so remarkable that our audience would be angry if it went away.
What We’re Not
- We’re not a lead generation tool. If you don’t care about brand marketing and just need leads (which honestly should be the majority of your budget), we recommend buying search engine marketing. It works.
- We’re not cheap. In terms of sponsorships, we’re relatively expensive and require a minimum commitment of 6 months. This allows us to work deeper with local brand marketers. If you want cheap, go buy Facebook ads (low CPM) or Google Display Network ads. Both are great tools for cheap impressions.
- We’re not a high volume operation. We always want to have fewer than 30 brand partners – this allows us to go deeper with fewer brands.
What We Are: Local Brand Advertising At Scale
Charlotte Agenda is home to young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
Charlotte Agenda Clients
We’re proud to work with Charlotte’s top brand marketers.
Charlotte Agenda Overview & Audience Snapshot
What we do
We publish about 5 stories a day on a website, send a handcrafted newsletter each morning at 6:30 a.m. and do original reporting straight to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Our core products
- Agenda Daily Newsletter (39k subscribers, 40%+ open rate)– Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- CharlotteAgenda.com (400k UVs/mo, 1.2M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board, event board and home listings.
- Agenda Instagram (126k followers) – Popular handle that serves as the pulse of the city. Follow.
- Charlotte Agenda City Notes (100k blended print + digital circulation) – The definitive guide to the city. View.
How large are we?
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 400,000+
- Monthly Pageviews: 1,200,000+
- Daily Newsletter Subscribers: 39,000+ (40% open rate)
- Instagram Following: 126,000+
- Organic Facebook Reach: 1,000,000+
Note: We’re proud of our numbers because unlike other local media companies, we don’t publish national stories (AP, Wire, etc) and we don’t do gimmicky slideshows to juice pageviews (Mug Shots, Party Pics, etc). We also have large, growing followings on Facebook and Twitter.
What type of person reads the Charlotte Agenda?
The Agenda serves busy young professional who is looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast. These are the tastemakers of our city.
- Social: 85% of our audience is on Facebook, 85% is on Instagram, 44% is on Snapchat and 41% is on Twitter.
- Professionals. 77% have a household income of over $75,000. And 25% have a household income of over $200,000.
- Smart: 93%+ are college graduates and a shocking 32% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Young: 65% of our audience is 18-44.
- Explorers. 88% eat or drink out 4 or more times a month. And 46% eat or drink our 10 or more times a month.
Brand Partnerships – Sold out for Q1-Q2 2019
Custom brand partnerships. Current partners include: OrthoCarolina, Bojangles’, Emerson Joseph, Sonic Automotive, Bank of America, Pearl. Dentistry Reimagined, Wyndham Capital Mortgage, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated,Diamonds Direct SouthPark, Atrium Health, California Closets, Charlotte Center City Partners, Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery, Killingsworth Environmental, The Mint Museum, Morningstar Storage, Northwood Ravin, Red Ventures, SouthPark, UNC Charlotte, Lyft, Lowe’s, Resident Culture Brewing Company, Charlotte Country Day School and Discovery Place Science. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
$10,000+ for a one-month campaign
Activate our audience with a combination of custom content, social influencer marketing, giveaways, exclusive events, paid social and more. Custom Campaigns are one-month flights. Recent clients include Bud Light, Charlotte Ballet, CATS, Heineken, CorePower Yoga and WeWork. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Our annual city guide with useful editorial and custom advertorial pages. Minimum 40,000 print copies distributed to apartments, Realtors and HR teams, plus 50,000+ display impressions. Contact Lizzy Sirkin (email@example.com) to learn more.
Quick, simple and effective postings for talent recruitment, event awareness and real estate promotion. Learn more about our Classifieds section.
Charlotte growth companies use the Agenda Job Board to recruit the best minds in our city. Postings are featured in our daily morning newsletter and throughout the site. Postings are live for 60 days. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Event postings are featured in our daily morning newsletter and throughout the site. Posts are live on the Event board from the time it processed (1-2 business days after you submit) to the end of the day of the event. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Home and apartment postings are featured in our daily morning newsletter and throughout the site. Posts are live for 15 days. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Literally, who from the Charlotte Agenda will I interface with?
For job, event and home listings, contact Abby Clark – email@example.com
For information about City Notes, contact Lizzy Sirkin – firstname.lastname@example.org
For custom campaigns and brand partnerships, contact Cristina Wilson – email@example.com