About Charlotte Agenda
The Agenda exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected. We do this by producing useful programming in a conversational tone.
Unlike most local media, we are owner-operated. We have no corporate mothership. It’s just us. In 2015, our founding team seeded the company with $50,000. We felt like tomorrow’s media companies were being born, and we wanted to build the future without the baggage of maintaining legacy models. We got lucky. It worked. Being owner-operated allows us to focus on developing deep, lasting relationships with both readers and advertisers instead of quarter-to-quarter results.
- Got a news tip, question or feedback? Drop us a note.
- Interested in advertising? Learn more and get in touch
- Looking for freelance opportunities? Send pitches to email@example.com
Agenda Core Products
We’re the news source for young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
- Agenda Daily Newsletter (36k subscribers, 40%+ open rate)– Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- CharlotteAgenda.com (400k UVs/mo, 1.2M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board, event board and home listings.
- Agenda Instagram (114k followers) – Popular handle that serves as the pulse of the city. Follow.
- Annual Newcomer’s Guide (100k blended circulation) – The definitive guide to the city. View.
The Agenda serves busy young professional who is looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast. These are the tastemakers of our city.
- Social: 85% of our audience is on Facebook, 85% is on Instagram, 44% is on Snapchat and 41% is on Twitter.
- Professionals. 77% have a household income of over $75,000. And 25% have a household income of over $200,000.
- Smart: 93%+ are college graduates and a shocking 32% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Young: 65% of our audience is 18-44.
- Explorers. 88% eat or drink out 4 or more times a month. And 46% eat or drink our 10 or more times a month.
Agenda Guiding Principles
Mission: The Agenda exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected.
- Tell the truth.
- Make it simple.
- Do what you know.
- Play offense.
- Deal with reality as it is, not how you want it to be.
Lizzy Sirkin – Director of Accounts
Abby Clark – Operations Manager
Kylie Moore – Associate Editor
Jason Murtha – Chief Technology Officer
Christain Billings – Lead Designer/UX
Samantha Alexander – Senior Contributor
Mary Gross – Senior Contributor
Dion Beary – Senior Contributor
Jason Thomas – Senior Contributor
Allie Papajohn – Senior Contributor
Clayton Sealey – Senior Contributor
Sarah Crosland – Senior Contributor