About Charlotte Agenda
The Agenda exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected. We do this by producing useful programming in a conversational tone.
Unlike most local media, we are owner-operated. We have no corporate overloads. It’s just us. In 2015, our founding team seeded the company with $50,000. We felt like tomorrow’s media companies were being born, and we wanted to build the future without the baggage of maintaining legacy models. We got lucky. It worked. Being owner-operated allows us to focus on developing deep, lasting relationships with both readers and advertisers instead of quarter-to-quarter results.
- Got a news tip, question or feedback? Drop us a note.
- Interested in advertising? Learn more and get in touch
- Looking for freelance opportunities? Send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda Core Products
We’re the news source for young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
- Agenda Daily Newsletter (36k subscribers, 40%+ open rate)– Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- CharlotteAgenda.com (400k UVs/mo, 1.2M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board, event board and home listings.
- Agenda Instagram (109k followers) – Popular handle that serves as the pulse of the city. Follow.
- Annual Newcomer’s Guide (100k blended circulation) – The definitive guide to the city. View.
The Agenda serves busy young professional who is looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast.
- Young: 75% of our audience is 18-44.
- Social: 87% of our audience is on Facebook, 74% is on Instagram, 44% is on Twitter and 36% is on Snapchat.
- Smart: 94%+ are college graduates and a shocking 35% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Explorers. 61% eat out 7 or more times a month.
- Professionals. 45% have a household income of between $75,000 and $100,000. 20% have a household income of over $200,000.
Agenda Guiding Principles
Mission: The Agenda exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected.
- Tell the truth.
- Make it simple.
- Do what you know.
- Play offense.
- Deal with reality as it is, not how you want it to be.
Lizzy Sirkin – Director of Accounts
Abby Clark – Operations Manager
Kylie Moore – Associate Editor
Jason Murtha – Chief Technology Officer
Christain Billings – Lead Designer/UX
Mary Gross – Senior Contributor
Dion Beary – Senior Contributor
Jason Thomas – Senior Contributor
Allie Papajohn – Senior Contributor
Kaiti St. George -Senior Contributor
Clayton Sealey – Senior Contributor
Sarah Crosland – Senior Contributor