About Charlotte Agenda
The Agenda is a modern local media company that exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected. We do this by producing useful programming in a conversational tone.
In 2015, our founding team seeded the company with $50,000. We felt like tomorrow’s media companies were being born, and we wanted to build the future without the baggage of maintaining legacy models. We got lucky. It worked. Today we reach over 1 million people each month.
- Got a news tip, question or feedback? Drop us a note.
- Interested in advertising? Learn more and get in touch.
Agenda Core Products
We’re the news source for young, intelligent tastemakers who care as much about the local brands they support as the local news that they consume.
- Agenda Daily Newsletter (54k subscribers, 40%+ open rate) – Useful information delivered quickly, consistently and with voice. Sign up.
- CharlotteAgenda.com (650k UVs/mo, 1.7M pageviews/mo) – Guide-like resource for the city to make better decisions, fast. Including a job board and event board.
- Agenda Instagram (235k followers) – Popular handle that serves as the pulse of the city. Follow.
- Annual City Guide (100k blended circulation) – The definitive guide to the city in print and online. View.
The Agenda serves busy young professionals looking to get informed and make local decisions, fast. These are the tastemakers of our city.
- Social: 85% of our audience is on Facebook, 85% is on Instagram, 44% is on Snapchat and 41% is on Twitter.
- Professionals. 77% have a household income of over $75,000. And 25% have a household income of over $200,000.
- Smart: 93%+ are college graduates and a shocking 32% have graduate degrees (doesn’t count those that are pursuing degrees).
- Young: 65% of our audience is 18-44.
- Explorers. 88% eat or drink out 4 or more times a month. And 46% eat or drink out 10 or more times a month.
Agenda Guiding Principles
Mission: The Agenda exists to make Charlotte smarter and better connected.
- Tell the truth.
- Make it simple.
- Do what you know.
- Play offense.
- Deal with reality as it is, not how you want it to be.
- Be intentional.
Lizzy Sirkin – Chief Revenue Officer
Samantha Alexander – Head of Production
Alivia McAtee – Creative Strategist
Jason Murtha – Chief Technology Officer
Michael Graff – Editor in Chief
Emma Way – Managing Editor
Katie Peralta – Senior Editor
Brianna Crane – Associate Editor
Paige Hopkins – Reporter/Producer
Symphony Webber – Reporter/Shooter
Christain Billings – Lead Design Contributor
Lauren Levine – Senior Contributor
Mary Gross – Senior Contributor