Administrative Office Assistant
MGM Brakes, a division of Indian Head Industries, Inc., is the leading supplier of spring brake actuators for the commercial vehicle industry. We are currently seeking a highly enthusiastic individual for our Administrative Office Assistant position for our Charlotte, N.C. corporate office.
The Administrative Office Assistant is responsible for general office administration assisting all departments with various assignments and administrative support. Also responsible for front desk reception duties including but not limited to answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution and mail room / shipping duties, flow of correspondence and requisition of office supplies. Administrative Office Assistant will welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, and giving instructions. Additional requirements are to maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges. Will assist senior executives with special projects or assignments as requested, assist with office related events and event planning, and make hotel reservations and travel arrangements as needed for associates or guests. Other duties include processing building maintenance requests and tracks to completion, scheduling of meeting rooms and coordination of lunches for business meetings, along with other duties as assigned. The Administrative Office Assistant must have reliable transportation to run local company errands as needed. Must be highly organized, possess strong attention to detail, and have a very pleasant personality and voice of the company.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; a 2-year Associates Degree a plus.
• Minimum 5+ years of administrative support and front desk reception experience.
• Demonstrated experience with operating a multi-line telephone.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and possess strong attention to detail.
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to adhere to strict code of confidentiality.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• North Carolina Notary Public for business documents (or be willing to obtain).
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Indian Head Industries/MGM Brakes is an equal employment opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a special disabled veteran or other protected veteran. IHI/MGM Brakes will consider all qualified and interested applicants for career opportunities. If you need assistance with accessing our website, please contact our Human Resources Department at 704.547.7411 or 1.800.527.1534.No Relocation, Local Candidates Preferred.NO PHONE CALLS FROM THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS OR STAFFING FIRMSIHI/MGM BRAKES is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled