Part-Time Administrative Specialist
The Central Piedmont Community College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization established in 1965 to generate private financial support to further the mission of Central Piedmont Community College.
General function and job duties:
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative and secretarial tasks which may include responding to phone and in person inquiries, typing, monitoring budget, entering information into computer, maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements and scheduling appointments to assist the head of a major administrative unit.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support to the following: Administrative Assistant to the VP, VP of Institutional Advancement, and International Community Liaison and Assistant to the VP. Also provides support to the 15-member CPCC Foundation staff, and departments under the Foundation including Government Relations & Grants, and the Services Corporation.
• Works directly with the International Community Liaison and Assistant to the VP to assist with correspondence with the Charlotte International Committee & for the yearly Dances of India event.
• Assists the Administrative Assistant to the VP of Institutional Advancement in the administration of the office for the VP for Institutional Advancement.
• Documents checks, cash and credit card gifts according to CPCC Foundation protocols. Prepares and verifies daily bank deposit slip. Manage bank deposit records on a daily and monthly basis complying with confidentiality standards by Foundation Finance.
• Manages daily filing of confidential materials including consolidating, purging and creating filing records.
• Assists with correspondence with CPCC Foundation directors and preparation of board meeting materials.
• Manages and records RSVP’s and prepares event guest spreadsheets and nametags for CPCC Foundation events.
• Updates CPCC Foundation database, including name and address changes and alumni records; assist in recording employee deductions gifts to the CPCC Foundation. Serves as gift entry back up person for the CPCC Foundation.
• Assists the Administrative Assistant to the VP of Institutional Advancement with processing paperwork including but not limited to timesheets, leave requests, travel reimbursements, purchasing and employment-related documents for all Foundation staff and related departments.
• Handles calls to assist donors, board members, etc. in moderate to complex inquiries.
• May draft a variety of correspondence and memos for approval; may type and proofread documents; may create forms for Departmental use.
• May work Special Events if needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Raisers Edge knowledge preferred but not required.
Requires High School diploma or GED and completion of a minimum of one course beyond high school related to office or administrative support skills, advanced Microsoft Office skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, web page development and 3 years of experience in an office environment working in an administrative support role.
Assessment for the appropriate level of Microsoft Office skills may be required.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and worker characteristics:
• Knowledge of budgets.
• Knowledge of computer and office applications.
• Writing and proofreading skills.
• Research skills.
• Decision Making.
• Project Management.