Evidenced by the runaway success of outside chains like Potbelly coming to Uptown and foaming-from-the-mouth excitement for the Shake Shack coming to Park Road Shopping Center, our city is on the radar of national chains.
Recently, the Agenda reached out to our 27,000 daily Agenda newsletter subscribers with the question, “Which restaurant chain would you most like to come to Charlotte?” Below are the results.
#10 Pollo Tropical
- Footprint: Headquartered in Miami, FL, most of their 160 stores in Florida.
- Concept: Caribbean flavors fused with chicken, rice, plantains, and veggies.
#9 Cava Grill
- Footprint: Headquartered in Rockville, MD, most of their 31 stores can be found in Virginia.
- Concept: Mediterranean calls for build-your-own wraps, salads, and bowls.
#8 White Castle
- Footprint: Headquartered in Columbus, OH, most of their 420 stores are in the Midwest.
- Concept: Burgers.
- Footprint: Headquartered in Fairfield, OH, most of their 130 stores in Ohio.
- Concept: Chili served with spaghetti, coney dogs, and burritos.
- Footprint: Headquartered in Media, PA, most of their 750 stores are located along the East Coast.
- Concept: Convenience store/gas station with tasty sandwiches, hoagies, salads, breakfast and beverages.
- Footprint: Headquartered in Villa Park, IL, most of their 49 stores in Chicago.
- Concept: Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef, burgers, salads and chocolate cake.
- Footprint: Headquartered in Rochester, NY, most of their 94 stores are in the Northeast.
- Concept: Supermarket.
#3 Sweet Green
- Footprint: Headquartered in Washington, D.C., stores are in DC, MD and VA (but also a few in LA and NYC).
- Concept: Healthy salad and grain bowls made from scratch.
- Footprint: Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, most of their 809 stores in Texas.
- Concept: Southern fixings of biscuits, Texas toast, patty melts, and burgers.
- Footprint: Headquartered in Irvine, CA, most of their 313 stores populate SoCal.
- Concept: A not-so-secret menu boasts animal style burgers and fries, milkshakes and floats.