Director of Sales and Events (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Duke Mansion is adding to our sales team. We are hiring a Director of Sales and Events to book corporate and nonprofit business, lead and develop our sales team, and manage all aspects of meetings and events at The Duke Mansion. This person is highly organized, independent and professional. 3-5 years of corporate sales, meeting and event planning experience required.
Sales and coordination:
• Manage incoming inquiries, develop proposals, prepare contracts for business.
• Contract corporate, nonprofit, government and association business.
• Conduct site visits and tours of the property and host clients for inside entertainment.
• Work with clients on the details of their programs, procure rooming lists, meeting and event details and assemble into appropriate documentation for distribution to appropriate departments.
• Work closely with The Duke Mansion Development Team to plan and organize internal events.
• Seek out and target new clients and sales opportunities.
• Initiate action plan to secure new and reoccurring business for the organization.
• Create plan for outgoing sales calls and marketing opportunities.
Leadership and support:
• Work closely with department heads to manage daily meeting and event operations and ensure communication is being distributed, managed and executed to The Duke Mansion standards.
• Provide leadership and support for the overall operations of the sales department.
• Actively participate in sales team management, event organization, interdepartmental communication and marketing decisions for The Duke Mansion.
Development and marketing:
• Work closely with other department heads to ensure smooth operations from start to finish.
• Must have strong, professional, courteous interdepartmental communication.
• Coach performance, customer service and interaction, strategies and professional development with the team.
• Oversee training and continuing education for sales managers.
• Participate in professional and community organizations to establish a community presence for The Duke Mansion.
• Build relationships in these organizations to increase contacts to generate business.
• Assist with special projects for marketing the property.
• Assist with preparation of annual budgets and sales strategy.
• Compile sales and marketing data/statistics.
• Maintain the Delphi Sales Software.
• Manage BEO Meeting.
• Meet biweekly with the General Manager for meeting and event, sales and team updates.
• Support Food and Beverage Director, Banquet Manager and Housemen to ensure set-up accuracy prior to groups arrival.
• Greet clients and assist with AV needs and last minute requests.
• Manage and exceed the overall guest experience.
Supervise Sales Managers and Administrative Assistant
• All Corporate Accounts.
• Non-profit, Internal and Fundraiser Events.
• High Profile Social.
• Position requires a minimum of four years catering sales experience, with at least two of these years in a leadership position. Hotel experience strongly preferred.
• Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff.
• Ability to effectively mentor key leadership and administrative positions.
• Must be conversant with culinary techniques, food creativity and banquet set-up.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
• Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
• Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time.
• Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
• Working knowledge of the Delphi Systems.
Resumes of qualified candidates should be sent to our General Manager, Becky Sagadin at firstname.lastname@example.org.