The Marketing Manager is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The Marketing Manager interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client including creative, media, public relations, interactive/digital, and traffic/production.
The Marketing Manager has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Marketing Manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
A successful Marketing Manager will demonstrate expertise on client’s business, products, customers, competition, business problems and opportunities; and the ability to use that information to meet client needs.
• Takes proactive ownership of client work and manages work autonomously.
• Facilitates communication between client and agency team.
• Manages client expectations of timelines and budgets.
• Organizes and leads both client and internal meetings.
• Develops creative briefs, media plan requests and oversees development, execution and follow-up for the work.
• Evaluates creative and provides feedback for revisions as needed.
• Leads the development of the client’s media plan.
• Prepares and stewards job orders and timelines.
• Secures approval of production estimates and oversee production budgets.
• Takes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all client work.
• Ensure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of supervisor to potential problems before they occur.
• Maintain complete and accurate digital and hard copy files on all client jobs (including documentation of approvals), marketing and media plans and client correspondence.
• Proofread copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs.
• Collaborates with supervisor to develop/execute research initiatives.
• Writes contact reports and other client communications.
• Maintains weekly status reports and runs client status meetings.
• Responsible for accurate estimates and billing.
• Occasional travel may be required for client visits and new business presentations.
• Standard office hours, though deadlines or the demands of a client may require working outside of regular office hours to ensure continued success.
• Minimum 4 year college degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
• 3 years account management experience, preferably in an agency environment.
• Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office software.
• Expert relationship building skills.
• Candidate must work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment; have strong organizational and problem solving skills; must have very good attention to detail; and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• 8 a.m.-6 p.m. office hours.
• Achieve 150 client billable hours per month.
• Competitive base salary plus Bonus.
• Health benefits.
• 401(k) Plan.
This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed.