Marketing Event Manager
The Marketing Event Manager at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is responsible for the budgeting, planning, coordination and follow-up of all public-facing events through collaboration with the rest of the Marketing Department. Typical events include, but are not limited to, the Whitewater Race Series, the Whitewater Film Series, River Jam and associated programming, Yoga sessions, monthly festivals (March-October) and Adventure Dining. The Marketing Event Manager is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and reports directly to the Marketing Director.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Continually bring a high level of strategic thinking to the Marketing Department throughout all aspects of primary job functions as well as within the weekly department meeting.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the existing annual event calendar and collaborate with the Marketing Department to ensure the continual growth and development of event programming while staying consistent with the USNWC brand.
• Work closely with Guest Services and the Food & Beverage Department to forecast event needs and plan for day-of logistics including vendor communication and coordination, guest expectations and staffing needs.
• Coordinate across all USNWC departments leading up to and after each festival to ensure consistent messaging, general preparedness and a positive overall guest experience.
• Directly manage the Marketing Event Coordinator and oversee the planning, execution and follow-up reporting associated with Whitewater Race Series events.
• Work with the Marketing Event Coordinator to strategically utilize and supervise a small team of Event Logistics Staff during onsite events, supplementing labor needs with staff from other departments as needed.
• Proactively research other community events tied to the active, outdoor lifestyle to stay current on industry trends and ahead of potential conflicts and competition in target markets.
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays with frequency.
• Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products and services offered by the USNWC.
Desired skills & experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Event Management or another related field is preferred; a Master’s degree in a similar field is highly valued.
• 3-5 years of prior experience in an event management role.
• 3-5 years of general marketing experience is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Charlotte-area community events and promotions.
• Proficient working in Microsoft Office Suite programs; Formsite or another similar data collection program; and Siriusware or a similar software with reporting capabilities.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
• Must be able to stand long periods of time – i.e. throughout the duration of any given event with appropriate break time.