Business Solutions Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe’s is looking for Visionaries, Risk takers, Adventurers. Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multi-billion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
Purpose of role:
The primary purpose of this role is supporting Enterprise Business Solutions processes and day-to-day operations. Coordinating with multiple business units on solutions needs and conducting review sessions with business groups to enhance to the solution. This person will also help support roll out, change management and ongoing triage where needed.
Analyst is primarily responsible for determining and understanding system related business needs, documenting the business requirements, recommending functionality,and driving the effort to completion. The focus of the Business Solutions Analyst is supporting omni-channel. The Business Solutions Analyst will complete and communicate business change impact analysis and recommendations for related processes, roles and responsibilities, systems and tools. This role will be a business subject matter expert in the systems for their respective area.
He or she works cross-functionally with other groups in order to provide Subject Matter Expertise and help them understandthe impacts to their business/solutions when changes are implemented.
The Business Solutions Analyst is also responsible for working with business and IT partners to help define, test, deploy and optimize in-scope omni-channel solutions for Lowe’s in partnership with the impacted business and IT groups. To accomplish this, the Business Solutions Analyst must have knowledge of project management practices and Lowe’s business entities.
This role is critical to Lowe’s because it ensures Lowe’s ability to prepare and deliver an omni-channel customer experience through equipping our associates with the right tools, at the right time and with a high degree of confidence in the capabilities.
This role requires travel up to 10% of the time within the US and Canada.
• Acts as solution SME on project work, and help guide requirements on the solution (critical resource to the project/planning teams as they are expected to understand the system intimately and make educated decisions around requirements).
• Creates test cases, helps organize and plan testing, as well as assisting heavily with the testing of the enterprise solution.
• Assist training team(s) in obtaining materials, assists them with the knowledge transfer of the system functionality, wherever training support is necessary.
• Identify solution opportunities, overlap and identify functional gaps.
• Recommend solution improvements.
• Ongoing Support and monitoring of the solution.
• Participate in and monitor collaborative business forums such as connections.
• Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly share information, advice and expertise with coworkers and customers.
• Influence others through technical explanations and examples; provide occasional mentoring to team members; seek performance feedback; adapt to and learn from change, difficulties and feedback.
• Complete work assignments by applying expertise in subject area – leverage an understanding of policies, data and resources to support projects or initiatives.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to solve business problems; identify and monitor priorities, deadlines and expectations.
• Communicate progress and information; identify, recommend and implement ways to address improvement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT or related field or additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 2+ years of experience in Business, Retail or IT.
• Customer Focused mindset.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Customer focused mindset.
• Experience working on large scale enterprise projects.
• 3-5 years of experience in a retail environment.
• 1-2 years of experience with Access, SQL or data analysis.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.