Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Lake Norman area
This position works closely with the Marketing department to support the procurement and management of merchandising displays. It is also responsible for the procurement of other indirect products and services, as well as some of our product which is produced in China. This will include the development of sourcing strategies, negotiations, and identifying and executing cost reduction initiatives. This position works cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, our distribution facility and suppliers. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
• Develop sourcing strategy for merchandise displays, which includes working with Marketing and Sales to develop annual forecasts, selecting suppliers, and managing the merchandising displays process.
• Manage the inventory of finished displays as well as products which go on the displays.
• Develop sourcing strategy of product, which involves understanding macroeconomics to determine optimal countries from which to source, identifying potential new global suppliers, negotiating pricing and terms, etc.
• Work closely with Marketing, Engineering and suppliers to launch new products, qualify existing suppliers on new products and identify potential new sources of supply.
• Project manager on productivity and improvement initiatives.
• Lead the team to reduce and eliminate excess and obsolete product.
• Develop total cost of ownership and should-cost models.
• Day-to-day supplier management – issue purchase orders for displays and other indirect products and services, manage quality problems, resolve GR/IR problems, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain or other related field of study.
• SAP MRP proficiency.
• Experience leading global strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Demonstrated negotiations skills.
• Experience in working with Chinese manufacturers.
• Prior MRP experience.
• MS Excel, PowerPoint, Words, Outlook.
• Proven ability to build relationships internally/externally and collaborate on cross-functional challenges.
• Consumer products/retail distribution experience.
• Capital equipment and MRO purchasing experience.
• Import logistics experience.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and/or Certified Purchasing and Inventory Mgmt (CPIM).