THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® – work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Investor Relations is responsible for cultivating relationships with the investment community, educating and updating investors about the company and providing feedback on how the market views the company. The Director of Investor Relations is responsible for jointly carrying out all investor relations strategies, policies and programs which maximize company valuation working side-by-side with the VP Investor Relations. This position drives the internal and external communications plan surrounding investor relations and all financial communications. Furthermore, the Director serves as a secondary liaison for daily inquiries from investors and targets, develops and maintains buy-side and sell-side relationships.
• Execution of short and long-term strategies to attract and inform investors and analysts in a manner that communicates the company’s strategy, as well as operational and financial performance, while establishing realistic expectations for future performance.
• Advancing and driving strategic targeting program to identify and attract potential long-term investors who have investment objectives that match well with the company’s financial characteristics.
• Working with senior and executive management to develop strategic communications delivered to the investment community (including road shows, conferences and small group/one-on-one meetings) and prepares management for these events.
• Overseeing creation of content for quarterly earnings calls, including slide deck, script, Q&A and preparation with management. Working with business units, Finance, Communications and accounting, Legal counterparts, etc., and to coordinate release of materials.
• Driving the IR team’s response to daily inquiries from the investment community, in compliance with company Disclosure policies and applicable SEC rules and regulations.
• Staying appraised of market opinions, attitudes as well as reactions to company issues and industry trends. Making recommendations based on observations. Preparing management updates on financial market intelligence and significant issues and trends. Closely monitoring all available information including sell side reporting.
• Working with other departments and external vendors to develop and produce any financial communications, such as materials for investor conferences, earnings releases, other press releases and the annual report.
• Assisting with the management of external relationships such as the NYSE, designated market makers and stock surveillance firms. Being the primary point of contact for surveillance and producing weekly reports highlighting important shareholder and trading trends.
• Minimum of 20 years of total experience.
• Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred and CPA a plus.
• Demonstrates interest and aptitude in learning and understanding investor relations and the capital markets.
• Demonstrated history of relationship building which will be crucial to building relationships with investors and analysts.
• Financial acumen with working knowledge of financial statements and analytical methods.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and development of a thorough understanding of market/trading dynamics.
• Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the most current SEC and fiduciary disclosure requirements.
• Strong strategic skills to be able to best position the company to the investment community. Demonstrated success in creating and articulating recommendations/opinions.
• Effective people manager / cross functional team leader with proven ability in leading and inspiring a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven project management skills.
• Customer-Focused: Communicates and supports a vision for the Investor Relations Team that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to Global Finance’s mission to serve and partner with members, internal customers and other stakeholders. Engage in breakthrough thinking (“think out of the box”) and be willing to take risks. An inspirational role model and visionary, who is always leading and advocating for the customer.
• Business Acumen: Strong analytical skills balanced with sound business judgment. Able to effectively analyze complex financial and business issues and develop appropriate solutions to improve performance through redesign and continuous improvement in a timely and responsive manner.
• Results-Driven: Broad business-oriented thinker with a global perspective, who is capable of delivering world-class results against aggressive goals and stretch targets.
• Solutions-Oriented: Creates a climate that encourages innovation and receptivity to change. Manages change and implements effective change strategies to realize goals and objectives of the group.
• Thought Leadership: Foresees future trends and events and works with the team to develop strategies to face future challenges and meet the needs of internal and external customers and other stakeholders.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.