Senior Hedge Fund Accountant
Who our client is:
• Our client has been experiencing high growth and expansion in their new Charlotte offices, located in the heart of downtown with a breathtaking view of the city.
• Currently on track to double in size within the next two years.
• Global team of 3,000 associates with a leadership team and Managing Directors who are focused on development, providing hands on training.
• Established name brand in the fund industry offering stability and advancement opportunities.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
• The opportunity to be part of a company in an exciting time of growth and expansion.
• Our client is very progressive; having a great market, excellent brand and strong reputation.
• Dress is casual and there is genuine respect for employees at every level.
• Outstanding benefits; medical, dental, vision, life, short-term, long-term disability, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement, 401K.
• Work environment is entrepreneurial where your voice can be heard and the team has relationships in and outside of work.
• Variety of restaurants and coffee shops throughout the building and free beverages after 5 p.m. daily.
What you will do:
• Work environment is entrepreneurial where you voice can be heard and the team has relationships in and outside of work.
• Performing the administration of any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of hedge funds.
• Performing NAV calculation to review stage, including preparation of net asset value statements.
• Preparation of financial statements and other required reports on a monthly basis ensuring deadlines are met.
• Develop and maintain relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks, brokers and auditors.
• Working with investor relations group and liaising with other departments within the company as required.
• Perform daily & monthly reconciliations for hedge funds.
• Work closely with Account Manager in the launch and set up of new funds.
• Preparing year-end file and liaising with auditors.
How you are qualified:
• 2+ years of fund accounting experience.
• Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals.
• Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.