THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Grant Relations Manager – Foundations & Faith Partners is responsible for grant writing for all grant opportunities for the agency. A donor stewardship role is integral to this job. As a member of the Advancement Team, this position works closely with the development and execution of fundraising strategies, communications and campaigns.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and execute plans for writing and submitting grant/funding requests.
• Create and evaluate annual standard grant language and positioning in partnership with agency, program and advancement leadership.
• Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
• Work with agency team members to obtain accurate and necessary data for grant proposals and applications.
• Maintain master calendar for all grant activity.
• In Raiser’s Edge and other files, include submitted proposals and grant requests, maintain current records, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Research, strategize, and approach lapsed and potential grant funders in partnership with agency and advancement leadership.
• Collaborate with advancement team to develop and execute an overall annual advancement strategy to include specific goals and milestones.
• Work with advancement team to create tracking systems to gauge progress towards annual goals.
• Work with CFO and Data and Contract Compliance Manager to produce annual agency data sheet.
• Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgments.
Relationship Management for Foundations & Faith Partners
Provide support to Primary Relationship Managers (PRMs) of Foundations and Faith Partners through the major donor strategic process including:
• Acquire – actively prospect new Foundations & Faith Partners for relationship acquisition and development.
• Grow – actively nurture Foundation & Faith Partner relationships to develop growth goals in fundraising.
• Retain – actively steward Foundation & Faith Partner relationships through consistent communication & contact.
• Work with team members to ensure that all information for Foundation & Faith Partner relationships is up to date in Raiser’s Edge.
• Work in relationship with all PRMs to develop major donor relations strategies and goals.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Support other agency campaigns and projects.
• Represent the agency at community events as needed.
• Represent the agency through agency tours and internal events as needed.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Crisis Assistance Ministry reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Experience/performance requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities):
• Proven passion for serving people in poverty, and desire to work towards making Charlotte-Mecklenburg a better place for all.
• Experience in major donor relationship management and development.
• Successful grant writing and fundraising experience at a nonprofit of similar budget.
• Flexibility to work after business hours and on weekends.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated Public speaking experience.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently and as a team member.
• Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, or other donor database system.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Physical demands and work environment:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will occasionally work in a warehouse environment or in public settings, and during such time is required to work predominantly standing, walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling. Carrying, lifting and reaching are required. The employee must be able to lift light to moderately heavy donated items. The employee will occasionally work outdoors and have exposure to natural environmental elements, and to slippery and uneven surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description should not be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract of employment between Crisis Assistance Ministry and any employee. Employment at Crisis Assistance Ministry is “at-will” and either party can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without just cause.