UNYQ is an emerging technology company based in San Francisco, Charlotte and Sevilla. We specialize in providing personalized prosthetic and orthotic treatments that enable clinicians to deliver data-driven care and empower users to embrace themselves.
The Accounting Administrator supports our external accounting team by providing financial information to management, and preparing actionable reports based upon accounting data. Reporting to the CEO, the Accounting Administrator is responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generating sales and aging reports in a timely manner. The candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient at accounting software and MS Office (especially Excel).
In addition, the Accounting Administrator will perform a wide range of administrative support duties for executive management requiring a broad knowledge of organization policies and practices. In meeting accountabilities, the Accounting Administrator is responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality and decorum and is required to use excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external clients. Internally, frequent contact with all employees is required. Externally, the Accounting Administrator will be in contact with customers, investors and other people within the community.
This is a full- or part-time opportunity.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Administers accounts. Acts as resource person and resolves problems and liaise with external accounting firm. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures and budgets.
• Establishes new customer accounts.
• Administers payroll process.
• Generate invoices, credit notes and returns and process cash receipts.
• Contact customers to collect past due amounts based on specific deadlines. Identify any reasons for non-payment and develop plans with supervisor on how to resolve.
• Process Expense Reports, Credit Card Statements and AP Invoices ensuring all documents are properly approved, coded correctly and entered in the accounting software.
• Review and prepare check runs, tax payments, wire transfers and ACH Payments.
• Respond to all vendor discrepancies and inquires in a timely manner.
• Enter daily bank transactions and reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Preparation of weekly cash management report for review.
• Audits source data from other functions, such as sales and manufacturing, for accuracy and completeness. Assist and coordinate corrective actions, as required.
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close with adequate controls and reviews in place.
• Key support in the annual budget preparation, year-end close and financial audits.
• Propose and help implement strategies to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
• Prepares schedules, reports and financial statements. Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements and reports. Identifies and analyzes discrepancies and errors. Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems. Audits outstanding items.
• Ensures procedures adhere to corporate guidelines for accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures and are compliant with GAAP and tax laws.
• Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets. Enters data and updates information.
• Performs various administrative and clerical tasks according to corporate needs. Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource persons.
• Communicate with customers and investors in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
• Prepare and distribute both routine and non-routine correspondence, memorandum, report summaries, etc. as needed with the utmost professionalism and accuracy to the organization, customers and external community.
• Schedule appointments, maintain calendars, contacts and schedules (including flagging and correcting schedule conflicts or changes), plans meetings (onsite and offsite), coordinate and confirm complex travel arrangements and related activities to ensure smooth and uninterrupted business.
• Provide administrative support to the team in a variety of capacities including telephone coverage.
• Event planning to include support for team meetings, off-sites and corporate events.
• Participate in corporate staff meetings as required and prepares/distributes accurate and timely minutes of meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
• 3+ years relevant experience.
• Working knowledge and experience with an accounting software system.
• Proficient with Excel, attentive to detail, excellent interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving and strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment, maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and be able to effectively handle sensitive material concerning the organization and the executive’s role within the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills required.
• Ability to meet designated deadlines is also a critical qualification.