Corporate Communications & Marketing Associate
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Assists with developing system wide initiatives and coordinates activities that build awareness of the organization’s brand among teammates and community with specific targeted emphasis on goals and priorities.
• Serves as a representative of Carolinas HealthCare System and for the Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team in the communities we serve; coordinates and executes System-wide initiatives and provides excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Manager(s) and other department leadership; assists with creation of programs that effectively integrate with Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach strategies and that are measurable in design and execution.
• Must be comfortable presenting to small and mid-size groups about Carolinas HealthCare System, and the System’s offering of community health education classes (training is provided).
• Works with internal and external partners to create, plan and execute small to large-scale community events.
• Understands basic healthcare industry trends; Carolinas HealthCare System performance trends as required. Familiar with data sources (internal & external); knows where to gather data based on requests.
• Communicates with department teammates and supervisor on a daily basis, helping with projects as needed. Informs appropriate person of project progress and/or difficulties.
• Prepares clear, concise and focused internal communication/ correspondence; asks questions to increase understanding.
• Develops and researches materials for media (local, national and international) and for internal and external corporate communications channels, including videos, articles, stories, news releases, media advisories, pitch letters and press kits.
• Routinely integrate with Corporate Communications team to ensure that corporate messages and pitches are communicated as intended, and to brainstorm content ideas and potential contacts, internal and external to the organization.
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 3 years experience required. Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once. Excellent written and verbal skills required. Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.