THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Product Sourcing and Development Manager will be an important member of the Supply Chain team. The Product Sourcing and Development Manager will engage both external manufacturing and internal manufacturing cross-functional teams on a regular basis.
This position will be instrumental as we continue to broaden and expand our product offerings.
• Collaborate with marketing and merchandising teams to source and develop new products according to vision and designated timeline.
• Work as a liaison between marketing/ merchandising teams and external and internal manufacturing partners to achieve new product initiatives.
• Team with Partner Managers to successfully transition new products and integrate them.
• Project management/ Time-lines for all new product initiatives.
• Manage RFQ process.
• Negotiate new product costs to align with margin goals.
• Drive new product prototype creation and approval process.
• Ensure appropriate compliance, testing and labeling is in place prior to product launch.
• Attend trade shows.
• Present new concepts and products to merchandising and marketing teams; via existing partner network or other resources.
• 5+ years work experience in Product Development, Product Management or Production.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or Merchandising and Buying Operations.
• Manufacturing, Product Development and Supply Chain experience.
• Strong organizational and negotiation skills.
• Exceptional project management and communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Thrives in a fast pace environment and able to multi-task.
• Experience in overseas production and manufacturing is beneficial.
• Knowledge of product testing and compliance helpful.
• Proficient in Excel and Power Point.
Product knowledge in the following categories helpful:
• Cut and sew products.
• General gifting.
• Children’s products.
• Paper/stationery goods.