Wooden Robot opened its doors for the first time to friends, family and those that signed up for their newsletter from 2 – 10pm this past Saturday (6/27).
- Current beer choices: Overachiever Pale Ale (5.3%) $2 small, $4 medium, $6 large. Willie Saison (5.1%) $2, $4, $6. What’s He’s Having IPA (6.5%) $2, $4, $6. What She’s Having Double IPA (8.5%). $2.50, $5.
- Will have another round of soft openings this Thursday – Saturday (July 2-4 ) and grand opening on July 11th. Details not available.
- Different than other brewery taprooms, Wooden Robot has comfortable leather sofas for people that dig the coffee shop vibe.
- No food.
- 5,700 square feet total (1,600 square feet of bar space).
- Dan Wade and Josh Patton are the two founders. Young guys (late 20s or so). Met in middle school. Homebrewed together for a while. Dan has legit brewery experience (Rogue, Swamp Head) and a degree. Dan also worked at GE which is interesting. Josh most recently worked as an auditor at BB&T and Bank of America. Josh also has his FINRA Series 7, Series 66, and Series 24 licensed which is interesting.
A homebrewer friend at @WoodenRobotAle opening “their beers are clean, with no apparent flaws.” High praise.
— Jonathan Wells (@AllTheWells) June 27, 2015
— NCBeerGuys (@Ncbeerguys) June 27, 2015
- About 50 yards away from the new Brass Tap. This entire area is really picking up speed and “The Gold District” is becoming a thing.
- Josh (CEO) expects they’ll start at a production rate of 1,000 kegs in the first year but the space can accommodate the equipment necessary to get them to 5,000 based on demand.