The receptionist for the Foundation serves as the initial ambassador for the agency whose main function is to greet and direct our clients and guests by phone or in person. Their work is primarily directed and requires a service oriented approach.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Answer multi-line telephone in a professional and courteous manner and efficiently direct callers to the appropriate staff member.
• Greet visitors and directs them to the appropriate staff member or conference room.
• Forward messages in a prompt and responsible manner.
• Keep up to date on meetings scheduled in the building.
• Direct catering services to appropriate conference/board rooms.
• Validate parking passes for guests.
• Assist with swapping reception area to Hearst entrance.
• Assists other departments when time permits.
• Order office and kitchen supplies and assist with distribution.
• Facilitate vendor, contractor and visitor security sign-ins.
• Monitor available garage parking credits and request checks for replenishment and deliver.
• Run month-end parking reports for invoicing and department crediting.
• Print visitor badges and visitor guest logs as needed.
• Keep reception manual up to date.
• Update and distribute staff phone extension list.
• A high level of confidence and a firm, positive, friendly voice.
• Good listening and communication skills that will ensure that all guests are handled in a courteous and professional way.
• A warm and friendly disposition that will ensure that visitors to the Foundation are appropriately greeted.
• High school graduate with at least two years secretarial education and/or experience.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Word.
• Typing speed of 50 wpm.
• Human relations skills to deal effectively with guests/clients in person or on the phone.
• Service orientation toward internal and external clients.
• Aptitude for learning varying technologies.
• Team player.