Brass Tap is now open in South End (1440 South Tryon). It’s a solid addition to the hood.
- 34 Brass Tap locations throughout the country.
- 70 taps (69 beers on tap and the other tap is used for nitro).
- Hours: 11am – 2am (opens at 10am on Sat & Sun).
- Staffer told me “We’re doing an excellent business from 5pm – midnight right now. Lunch is a little slower, but that’s to be expected until we have more people actually taste our food.”
- Wooden Robot is about 50 yards away, so the brewery and bar will likely play off each other. People that get after it will likely go Wooden Robot during the day, then dinner/drinks at Brass Tap.
- About 3,000 sqft. I would compare the size of the space to the Duckworth’s on Park Road, but the interior has a BlackFinn type feel.
- The Observer reports that the business partners include Vik Patel, Jamail Patel and Dave Hurt. Vik Patel told the Observer that he’s targeting 12 area locations within the next few years.
- Olde Mecklenburg Copper $5.50
- Triple C Golden Boy $5
- Ass Clown Pale Ale $5.50
- Birdsong Higher Ground $5
- Pisgah GreyBeard IPA $6
- NoDa Woody & Wilcox IPA $6
- Sugar Creek Double $6
- Chimay Cinq Centers Tripel $10
- Lenny Boy Burn Down $5.50
And coming soon about 50 yards away from Brass Tap’s patio…