The Charlotte Gaelic Athletic Association is hosting the Southeast’s largest Gaelic Football tournament this Saturday, June 27th.
- Games will be played at the Rugby Athletic Center (my favorite place to day drink).
- The Charlotte James Connolly’s team has been hosting this tournament since 2001. They are sponsored by Connolly’s on 5th.
- Games start at 10am and go all day.
- Yes, Gaelic Football is a real sport. It’s sort of a mix of soccer and rugby.
- Third Half Club & Pub will be serving up beer, wine and brats.
- Oh, and there will be bagpipers.
“The Rugby Athletic Center will have all three balcony’s open to cater to everyone’s viewing pleasure. If you choose to watch from the field level, please know that requests for autographs are encouraged… And, of course, there will be plenty of beers to be had.”- Mike Wilson, Charlotte Gaelic Football Club Men’s Team Coordinator
“…if you think rugby guys are cute, you should see the Gaelic Football guys—many of whom have great Irish accents!”- Elizabeth Funck, the owner of the Rugby Athletic Center and my new favorite person.
- Charlotte has one of the largest Gaelic Football clubs in the country, with two men’s teams and a senior level women’s team.
- Connolly’s is obviously hosting the after party. There will be live music and drink specials.
- If you’re still not convinced, I’m pretty sure this attractive guy will be there:
Update: Thursday at 12:47 pm. Wow, the hottie that Mary hearted above called her out on the tweeter. Boom.
— Lee McShane (@lmcshane7) June 25, 2015