Annual Fund Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Charlotte Symphony (CSO) has brought music to millions of concertgoers and generations of schoolchildren for more than eight decades, boasting a longer legacy than any orchestra in the region. As the largest professional performing arts organization in the central Carolinas, the CSO has grown into a premier musical institution that now delivers more than 70 concerts and directly touches more than 130,000 people each year.
Why you should work for us:
Music comes to life here. With more than 62 full-time musicians and a staff of more than 30, the CSO is home to our region’s most passionate advocates for live orchestral music. Beyond the concert hall, we endeavor to ignite a passion for music in people across our community through education programs, free concerts and partnership with organizations ranging from Community School of the Arts to UNC Charlotte.
The Annual Fund Manager (AFM) oversees the Symphony’s annual fund campaigns, developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of new and renewing individual donors giving less than $5,000 and will be responsible for delivering approximately 500,000 in revenue annually.
The AFM reports to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for new and renewing donors. The AFM works independently and also as a member of the Symphony’s Development team, and coordinates his/her activities with those of other departments, as needed.
Vice President of Development
• Manage the Symphony’s individual giving campaigns, including, but not limited to mail, email and face-to-face solicitation strategies: work closely with marketing to identify and solicit patrons identified as donor-ready; monitor annual fund metrics and provide analysis throughout the year regarding donor retention, growth in the donor base and growth in giving; introduce new individual giving strategies as needed.
• Work with data processing team to ensure proper and accurate donor acknowledgement, recognition and delivery of donor benefits in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively with and in support of volunteers and other members of the Development team and other Symphony employees as needed to cultivate and solicit donors.
• Coordinate donor events.
• Produce analysis and reporting based on annually established KPI’s.
• Interact with development staff, donors and prospects staff and musicians of the CSO.
• Three to five+ years successful experience in development, preferably in the arts.
• Significant success in annual campaign management.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising.
• Interest in and dedication to promoting the CSO through developing excellent relationships with staff, patrons, volunteers, and the development team.
• Music / arts background and deep knowledge of the Charlotte community a plus.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, research and analytical skills.
• Self-starting, sophisticated, creative, strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Send your resume, a thoughtful cover letter explaining why your background and experience qualify you for this position, salary history of your three most recent positions and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the words Annual Fund Manager in the subject line. Applications accepted by email only.
No telephone calls / No agency resumes accepted. EOE M/F/V/D