THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
HR Administrative Functions
• Assist with the HRIS data base management system which includes but not limited to compensation entry and changes, benefit enrollment and administration for all programs, processing new hires and terminations.
• Assists with the administration of company 403-(b) plan.
• Maintains employee files and the HR filing system.
• Assists in recruiting efforts by advertising employee job openings first internally and then externally.
• Prepares and conducts company onboarding of new hires to include: administer background checks and administer e-verify.
• Responds to basic inquiries regarding policies, procedures and program.
Accounting Administrative Functions
• Assist the CFO with general administrative activities including organizing mail and email, organizing and scheduling meetings, filing and answering phone when CFO is unavailable.
• Assist Accounting with administrative activities which include but are not limited to filing, mail both incoming and outgoing, scanning of invoices, check processing, emailing documents, ordering of supplies and answering the phone.
• Assist in the reporting function by running reports when needed, formatting those reports and distributing the reports as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree from two-year College plus one year or more related experience in an accounting and human resource environment. Must have a basic knowledge of employment law. Experience with payroll or accounting systems is a plus.
Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be detailed oriented.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel; knowledge of the Paycom system preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use a computer.
The employee is frequently required to travel between buildings and at times may have to travel to different museum locations.
Employees of Discovery Place should uphold the mission, vision and values of the organization. We strive to provide exceptional service through four core values: uncommon courtesy, the pursuit of personal excellence, teamwork and inclusion. We value the diversity of opinions and intellectual thought and encourage an environment where employees can share ideas openly.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.