Director of IT and Operations
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for organizing the cost effective, safe and efficient operation of the Mountain Khakis warehouse facility. The individual’s primary responsibility is the leadership of a team of supply chain and warehouse personnel and as a part of that responsibility, building and maintaining an enviable work-hard, play-hard MK culture.
Key responsibilities include the management of all activities related to inbound freight, including the receipt and storage of goods, and inventory management. This position also oversees outbound activities related to order-filling, stock replenishment, and shipping. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for budgeting, facility and equipment operation. Administers overall inventory management, productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention programs to ensure that customer requirements are met. This position oversees the maintenance of the warehouse and is responsible for the safety and security of staff and stock.
• Supervises receipt of product, verifying shipment contents and enters data into ERP system.
• Effectively process all sales orders for pick, pack and shipment to maximize daily sales.
• Manage and follow inventory control procedures with ERP system.
• Conduct physical inventory.
• Manage packaging materials inventory and revise packaging materials design as needed.
• Develop and maintain primary point of contact relationships with multiple logistics providers, negotiating favorable shipping rates, and evaluating programs to streamline the supply chain.
• Communicate with purchasing, operations & sales on a daily basis.
• Ability to prioritize work in a high volume environment.
• Implements safety, security, and housekeeping programs.
• Responsible for accurate inventory and productivity levels.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Hires, supervises, schedules, trains and mentors warehouse personnel.
• Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Manage personnel responsible for arranging all inbound air and ocean freight from domestic and international suppliers in the most timely and economical manner.
• Manage personnel responsible for compliance with international shipping regulations – knowledge of import and export requirements including customs mandates, product classification, and automated export system compliance is vital.
• 3-5 years of supply chain experience including in a managerial position.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on training, team building, negotiation skills, interdepartmental interaction, leadership, supervision and management.
• Broad knowledge of material handling, warehouse operations and transportation systems required.
• Knowledge of warehouse automations, including use of hand-held scanners for picking/packing/moving inventory is mandatory.
• Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be detail orientated with an ability to communicate complex schedules and processes to a wide range of individuals.
• Has managed a team of people in a distribution center environment.
• Has a network in the warehouse and logistics world that has been developed and augments thinking around effective management of a distribution center.
• Capable of lifting and moving heavy boxes (up to 40 lbs).
• Forklift operator certification is a plus.
• Strong computer skills; specifically MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• NetSuite ERP system knowledge is a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Warehouse Manager”. We look forward to hearing from you!