Monday marked the end of the Double Door Inn. The 43-year-old venue held its final show, with The Monday Night Allstars taking the stage for the last time.
In other not-so-happy local music news, The Dirty Hippie, which opened in the Fall of 2015 on South Blvd, closed for good in December.
Weather may be a little sketchy this weekend, but don’t let that keep you from hitting the Visulite to check out Hectorina, one of the most talented bands in Charlotte, or Knight Theater for Steep Canyon Rangers on Saturday night.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 1/7: Hectorina, Secret Guest, Shadowgraphs, Good Bones; Visulite Theatre, 8 p.m., $8-$10 (tickets). Theatrical at times, heavy and frenzied other times, Hectorina is one of the most unique bands in the Charlotte area. The tight three-piece outfit can go anywhere in a given set.
- 1/7: Steep Canyon Rangers, Willie Watson; Knight Theater, 8 p.m., $20-$39.50 (tickets). North Carolina bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers is known for collaborating and touring with actor and banjo player Steve Martin, but the group has taken off on their own, winning the GRAMMY Award for Best Bluegrass Album in 2013 for Nobody Knows You.
- Joshua Cotterino, The Emotron, Salsa Chest, Sangre Cabrona; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $2
- Ryan Keziah; Petra’s, 9:15 p.m., $3
- Hot Mulligan, Kayak Jones, Squid Beach, Worst party ever; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Modern Moxie, XOXOK, Em Young; Petra’s, 9 p.m., $6
- Sink Tapes, You’re Jovian, Family Friend, JPH; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Full View, Fifty Flies, Fifty Flies, Vint, Lunacy Rain, Key of Betrayal, T.O.O.M.; Amos’ Southend, 7:15 p.m., $12-$15
- Elonzo Wesley, Bob Fleming & The Drunk Girl Chorus, Heather Himes; Petra’s, 9 p.m., $6
- Shannon LaBrie, Kyshona Armstrong, Dewayne Shivers; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $6-$8
- The Halves, The Remarks, Steel Fish & Incense, Jistu; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Abbey Road LIVE!; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $12-$14
- Old Dominion, Out Of The Blue; Coyote Joe’s, 8 p.m., $20-$23
- Rothschild, Old Sport, Earth Witch, 40oz Mouse; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Elonzo Wesley, Cabarrus Brewing Company, 7:30 p.m., free
- 32 pints, The Concussion Theory, Bad Karol; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $5
- WRETCHED, AuxiliA, SkinKage, Kairos, Grüzer, Black Ritual, Shadows of Deceit; Amos’ Southend, 6 p.m., $12-$15
- Steep Canyon Rangers, Willie Watson; Knight Theater, 8 p.m., $20-$39.50
- Crackers & Snackmeat, I Got 5 On It; Rabbit Hole, 10 p.m., $8
- Butch Trucks & The Freight Train Band, Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $25-$28
- Hectorina, Secret Guest, Shadowgraphs, Good Bones; Visulite Theatre, 8 p.m., $8-$10
- Drunk in a Dumpster, South Side Punx, Minimums, Black Powder; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7
- Rothschild, Breaking Tradition, FV, Glimpses; Milestone, 9 p.m., $5-$7