Software Support Technician
We are looking to hire both full-time and part-time positions.
Provide technical assistance and training to customers by performing the following duties for POS systems:
• Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone and other electronic mediums.
• Provide training to clients in the use of point of sale systems and applications.
• Promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Configure hardware and software for custom point of sale orders.
• Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
• Identify, correct and advise on operational issues in client computer systems.
• High level systematic troubleshooting.
Assist with research, development, and implementation of new point of sale software and hardware:
• Create documentation and guides for software and hardware.
• Develop training curricula for new software.
• Work with sales team to respond to customer feedback to improve internal processes.
• Identify and report major IT trends.
Our ideal candidate:
• Must enjoy working with people and technology.
• We look for self learners that don’t need their hand held when learning a new software.
• Must care about the job and take pride in your work. Ask yourself if the position you held at your last job was important. If you answered ‘no’, then you probably shouldn’t apply. We look for people that understand that every job is important to the operation as a whole.
• POS experience is not mandatory, but definitely a plus.
• Wants to work for a small business and grow with the company.
• Likes the idea of Beer Friday – or at least likes the idea of hanging out during Beer Friday.
• Interested in working at our new South End office.
• Basic networking knowledge.
• Comfort with Windows operating system.
• Ability to dig into new software and easily pick it up.
• Problem solver who can analyze a situation and quickly move towards resolution.
• Degrees, certifications, and experience are all preferred, but not required.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are not required, but they are appreciated. Please insert ‘POS Nation Tech – Charlotte Agenda’ into the subject line of your email, and let us know if you are interested in a full-time or part-time position. Serious candidates are welcome to apply in person.
We are hiring on a first-come, first-serve basis, so please apply quickly.