Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Privately-held Carlisle & Company is the preferred provider of strategic guidance and tactical solutions for many of the world’s most prestigious motor vehicle brands. Our expertise is in after-sales program development and enterprise strategy, after-sales best practices and benchmarking, and vehicle market strategies for industry-leading manufacturers. Our projects include supply chain strategies, sales and marketing, pricing and brand strategies, market sizing and share model, market research and customer satisfaction surveys.
Our clients are a broad range of domestic and import original equipment manufacturers, including Volkswagen, General Motors, Caterpillar, and Daimler Trucks. Carlisle & Company takes pride in its dynamic and entrepreneurial culture, its non-hierarchical structure, and commitment to providing the best solutions to our clients. We are looking for people who want to help create company, not just fit into one. To learn more about us, please visit www.carlisle-co.com and LinkedIn/Carlisle & Company.
Carlisle & Company offers exciting opportunities for professionals to be engaged with global challenges in the motor vehicle industry, and to contribute to a growing company. We are passionate about the industry, the products and solving problems.
Carlisle is aggressively expanding its Data Analytics practice by building data-intensive applications to help our clients better understand and manage their supply chains, customers, and vehicles. This practice acts like a start-up but is part of a mature, stable and profitable company.
We seek an experienced software engineer, full stack, to design and implement web-based applications that range in maturity from production to prototype to as envisioned on a napkin. In addition to building these applications, you will also oversee a growing team of developers by mentoring and hiring them as needed to ensure success. This position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Key application areas include: predictive analytics for customer behavior and inventory management, telematics signal analysis, and multi-tier supply chain simulation.
• Design and build high-performance cloud-based applications.
• Help design and implement infrastructure for receiving, storing and analyzing customer transactional data.
• Oversee, mentor, and develop junior developers and operations staff.
• Seek personal fulfillment and success of the Data Analytics team.
Required skills and experience:
• 3+ years of software design, development, testing and management, including: developing and maintaining full stack web applications, developing and implementing secure APIs, deploying web applications on a cloud platform (AWS in particular), designing and managing moderate size (10GB-1TB) relational databases, and managing other developers.
• BA or BS (or higher) in computer science or other quantitative field (in lieu of degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience).
• Know and love Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Flask and/or Bottle).
• Understand database architecture and performance (primarily SQL).
• Have written high-performance code in one or more of: C, C++, Golang, Scala.
• Adhere to agile and lean principles.
• Listen well and communicate clearly.
• Have strong opinions about software design but will adapt in the face of even better ideas.
Additional skills and experience:
• Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence).
• IBM TM1.
• Common data science techniques, including classification, regression, clustering.