Jon and Kim Dressler of Rare Roots Hospitality (Dressler’s, Dogwood Southern Table and Bar) will be opening a steakhouse in February 2017.
“Culture is extremely important to me as well as family,” said owner Jon Dressler. “We only grow restaurants when we have the internal talent that’s ready to grow. We wanted to do something different.”
The Porter’s House will be located at Waverly, which is off Ardrey Kell and Providence.
The name comes from two places. One, the porterhouse is the “granddaddy of all steaks,” and the restaurant will serve this in a 32 oz cut (yes, very shareable). Two, it refers to an older definition of a porter, a person who tends to your wants and needs.
“It’s very important to me that people don’t work for me, they work with me,” said Dressler. “We all work toward the same cause, which is the pleasure and enjoyment of the guest experience.”
This “modern chophouse for the New South” is designed to impress. Get the details here.
Décor and Amenities
- The restaurant will have three private rooms that can be rented individually or combined to hold around 110 people. Great for rehearsal dinners and other parties.
- The outdoor patio will seat 45 people and will be home to a fire pit.
- The quartz bartop will seat 45 people as well.
- A 6.5′ American flag carved from whisky barrels will adorn one of the walls. Nice.
- Expect a full complement of steaks, including the porterhouse, filet, bone-in NY strip, and rolled ribeye.
- Seafood and pasta will also be served, including a seafood tower featuring King and stone crab legs and claws.
- A large appetizer selection will be available
- Price point is around $50-55 per person, if you order entrées.
- The majority of non-steak menu items will be North and South Carolina-sourced.
- The wine room will be home to around 300 wines.
- Expect a very large bourbon selection, plus local beers and craft cocktails.
- Reservations are accepted.
- The Porter’s House will be open 7 days a week. The bar opens at 4 p.m.
Stay tuned for an official opening date.