Content Marketing Director
Objective of role:
The Content Marketing Director reports to the Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer and strives to creatively communicate the organization’s mission through the development of compelling content that drives engagement. This person will translate the company’s business and marketing strategies and integrate them into creative touchpoints across multiple channels to boost donations and volunteerism, engage community and corporate partners, and heighten visibility and awareness. The ideal candidate will have a solid blend of analytical and creative skills with a history of creating effective content-driven campaigns.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Lead the creative production process, developing original written and visual multi-media content for all platforms: digital, print, mobile and video.
• Develop highly effective, targeted content for each unique audience leading to optimized donor and volunteer behaviors.
• Drive engagement through social media, website and mobile products, populating digital channels with compelling content.
• Collaborate with internal team members to create ongoing initiatives that will capture inspiring partner stories to share with donors, corporate partners and the community.
• Engage internal team and volunteers to develop creatively disruptive initiatives that will enhance local visibility and awareness, including traditional, grassroots and guerrilla tactics.
• Deliver content and programs with high engagement rates.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
• Excellent creative and communications skills, with an emphasis in writing, copy and design.
• Deep knowledge of various communication platforms: video, digital, web, mobile, content, and social.
• Strong understanding of best practices for using content as a customer acquisition channel.
• Ability to think with a digital-first mindset.
• Must fully understand the value of brand building and marketing.
Education & experience required:
• Minimum five years experience as a member of a creative team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing required or similar field.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.