Charlotte, NC (South End)
January 2016 (or sooner)
Commensurate with experience.
401(k) with matching, healthcare reimbursement, unlimited vacation.
Elements Brands is a portfolio of consumer products brands with an intense focus on ecommerce and digital marketing. We acquire small brands and scale them by applying our unique operational “playbook” to grow revenue and decrease costs. Imagine us as one part Proctor & Gamble, one part brand incubator.
We are looking for an ecommerce beast – someone who dreams at night about things like conversion funnels, Facebook advertising, Adwords, email campaigns and calls to action. You have a proven track record of predicting and capitalizing on online sales trends, trying the latest strategies and brainstorming new ways to generate traffic or convert our existing traffic more effectively. You pride yourself on your ability to generate results – and results means conversions.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to take what they’ve learned in their career and apply it to a cutting-edge opportunity. You’ll work across our entire brand portfolio, and will get the opportunity to work on real consumer brands sold through a variety of channels including retail stores, our own dotcoms and Amazon.com. This is a chance to move the needle and do work that matters.
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
• Led the ground-up, mobile-optimized redesign of our most recently acquired brand’s ecommerce store, including a migration from Magento to Shopify, ad group-specific landing pages and long-form sales copy.
• Designed a post-purchase drip campaign for one of our more established brands, with the goal of increasing conditioner sales to customers who previously purchased shampoo.
• Launched a $500/day Facebook ad campaign, including A/B testing copy and ad images/video for maximum click-through and conversion.
• Created Google Analytics reporting dashboards to track performance across our 8 ecommerce sites and presented them to our CEO.
• Gone to mid-week happy hour at least once at Sycamore Brewing.
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
• Experience in and an obsession with ecommerce – you should be familiar with most best practices and keep up with industry trends. You probably have a favorite ecommerce-centric podcast.
• Experience with driving and converting paid traffic through Google Adwords and Facebook Ads.
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to get your hands dirty and hack on HTML and CSS – if you want to whip up a new landing page, you can handle it yourself.
• A strong bias toward execution. You love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You don’t need a babysitter.
This position is located in our brand new 8,500 sqft headquarters in South End, across the street from Sycamore Brewing. We have a startup feel and a focus on results, collaboration and learning fast. The ideal candidate for this position will be looking for a long-term opportunity with advancement potential. We are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 3 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the traffic you drive will be a big part of that.
Please submit your resume (with GPA) via email. All submissions should be sent via email with a PDF attachment (not MS Word) to Myka@ElementsBrands.com with the subject “Ecommerce Manager Application”. Any applications not submitted as PDF or submitted without the correct subject line will not be considered.