Field Marketing Manager
You’re serious about your career, and rest assured you’ve come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive, a Fortune 300 automotive retailer, you’ll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100 dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they’re committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
• We are seeking to fill two Field Marketing Manager positions – one based on the East Coast and one based on the West Coast.
• Both positions require about 75% travel to the Sonic-owned stores and to our company headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
• Primary focus is to provide support to General Managers at Sonic’s stores/retail environments with social media, digital, CRM, local-marketing, SEO/SEM, public relations and project-management as Sonic leads these stores into a new era of auto retail experience, marked by industry-leading technology, infrastructure and marketing. You will help develop store-level marketing plans, and execute in the field strategies set by our channel marketing experts – delivering full 360 degree channel marketing plans.
• This role works collaboratively with the marketing channel leaders and agency partners to optimize store-level marketing performance, and reports to the Director of Social Media.
• BA/BS in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Digital, Public Relations; advanced degree preferred.
Required primary experience:
• The winning candidate will possess a combination of skills and experiences in social media, digital, mobile, local-community event & sponsorship marketing, SEO/SEM, CRM, public relations and project management.
• 4-6 years of experience dedicated to social media and/or digital media focused on top-tier consumer brand marketing or retail brand.
• Experience in customer communications role (e.g. email marketing, direct mail marketing, or live call marketing).
• Experience in marketing analytics and guiding a course of action.
• Experience developing and executing integrated marketing.
• Experience with automotive a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in building relationships with regional retail marketing leaders, General Managers and/or store personnel.
• Experience evaluating digital marketing performance and consulting on digital optimization plans.
• Demonstrated experience building marketing plans and executing marketing plans.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of functionality of social platforms (paid products, targeting capabilities, insights tools, PowerEditor, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, etc.).
• Knowledge of functionality of digital content strategy and website conversion tracking tools.
• OEM Brand compliance knowledge.
• OEM Co-op knowledge and how it works.
• Training experience; teaching and mentoring other dealership personnel in use of digital tools.
• Knowledge of local influencer marketing through social and other channels.
• Experience planning and executing digital programming that supports key areas of brand outreach – ranging from influencer programs, to paid media programming, to CRM and support of offline retail & sponsorship marketing activities.
• Has functioned in a project management of digital marketing – ensuring delivery of activations on time and within budget, managing the agency partners and other internal/store-level teams.
• Has demonstrated advanced knowledge of social platforms, web platforms, specific rules of engagement for brand/advertisers, general platform policies.
• Has exhibited thorough understanding of digital marketing practices (e.g. mobile, social platforms/APIs, third party listening, publishing and vendor-specific toolsets).
• Has come to understand web-build processes and has familiarity with SEO, advanced knowledge of social CMS tools, social listening, social APIs, social vendors, mobile technologies.
• Has demonstrated fluency with research/organic search techniques/methodologies and application supporting development execution/optimization of brand campaigns.
• Has functioned in a project management role, managing deliverables against social strategies.
Required skills & responsibilities:
• Devising plans for optimized performance across channels in real-time, working closely with Sonic channel managers and in support of store GMs.
• Highly organized.
• Great communicator.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Understands multi-channel marketing and the points of integration between social and digital touch points.
• Coordinates with the Sonic Digital Team members to ensure integration of stores’ social and digital media programming with the respective store digital properties.
• Knowledge of web and mobile functionality, user experience, ecommerce and web analytics.
• Collaborates with other internal teams (SEO, web, events), contributes leadership to promote best-in-class in class thinking and delivery of plans.
• Helps ensure cohesive information as it relates to store-level marketing across all channels – integrated marketing.
• Creates, guides, delivers strategic social planning and programming (social content, strategy/communication plans, social marketing/experiences, programming plans, competition and category research, social consumer insights/trend audits).
• Responsible for ensuring agency and supporting team delivers on agreed social KPIs and goals for each store.
• First point of contact for the GMs in answering questions about our social media, CRM, and digital strategy and approach and plans as they are executed at the store level, collaborating and communicating closely with Sonic channel managers.
• Ensure content/messaging across all channel platforms is on brand, optimized for best creative approach and that the brand voice and content addresses the ethos of each social platform.
• Expertise in social media paid strategy, analytics and execution; experience with paid tools and social paid media buying and optimization (e.g. Facebook PowerEditor; Facebook and Instagram Reach and Frequency).
• Knowledge of and experience with key social vendors (e.g. Netbase, Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, etc.).
• Tracks delivery of social-content publishing schedule; collaborates with local-marketing team to ensure social is integrated with on-site dealership marketing activities.
• Activate local marketing events, by ensuring social assets are captures and published on time and to right platforms.
• Help ensure that local marketing social/digital/CRM efforts are pitched to the local media to drive incremental visibility for store marketing.
• Is responsible for social reporting/analytics (social insights, data, listening, search data), partners with analytics team to ensure KPIs/goals are met.
• Creates, operationalizes and manages campaigns and content plans.
• Displays excellent project management, problem solving, interpersonal skills presentation skills.
• Reviews and reports on total campaign effectiveness to internal channel owners, to help support optimization and best practices across all channels. Works with channel marketers and agencies to obtain performance data to support this process.
• First point of contact with our GMs in supporting social and digital strategies and optimization plans; responsible for helping execute optimization plans on-site.