Corporate Operational Risk Specialist
Corporate Operational Risk (COR) develops and maintains enterprise-wide operational risk policies, tools and models to ensure sound operational risk practices consistent with Basel II AMA standards.
The individual will be responsible for:
• Executing monthly External Loss Data processes and timely submission of Internal Loss Data for external reporting.
• Assisting in the coordination of technology activities for operational risk loss data systems including providing business requirements and user acceptance testing to ensure accuracy of the resolution implementation.
• Executing business controls, critical dependencies and processes.
• Supporting ad-hoc requests and special projects.
• Maintain and serve as an administrator for various SharePoint sites.
Enterprise role overview:
Executes processes in support of COR’s accountabilities within the Operational Risk Management Framework. Contributes to the ongoing improvements in standards and procedures. Analyzes and aggregates data to identify key operational risk trends and information for the Enterprise Operational Risk Profile. Assesses implementation of standards and reports gaps to management. Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture. May provide guidance and training to more junior staff. Incumbents typically have 5+ years of risk management experience.
• 3-5 years of operational risk management or related experience.
• Project management experience, outstanding organizational abilities and attention to details.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with all levels of management and enterprise partners.
• Pro-active, forward-thinking and process oriented.
• Ability to understanding internal information systems, and knowledge of how to use various BI tools to access multiple information sources for analytical purposes.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, & Word.