Saturday, the day, is when you do what you’re passionate about.
Saturday, the agency, is about creating passion around brands, and creating advertising and experiences that people truly enjoy interacting with.
We have a way of evoking the same kind of positive feelings you get when you go into the day of the week you enjoy the most. We also specialize in strategies and advertising for what we call “Saturday brands.” The kind of lifestyle and leisure brands you enjoy on a Saturday.
We are a forward-thinking, full service agency that prides itself on being strategically creative and creatively strategic. And we are looking for a strategic Media Planner/Buyer to support us on several key accounts. Specifically, we are looking for a quick-thinking, media savvy candidate who can work across a wide range of media – from digital, to traditional, social and search.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work with internal agency teams to understand clients’ marketing and creative strategies, and build media plans to compliment/enhance these efforts.
• Analyze and understand target audience characteristics and media preferences/attitudes.
• Use research data to identify the best mix of media channels to deliver advertising messages to clients’ target audiences.
• Craft and present media strategies and proposals that excite and impress clients.
• Negotiate and purchase media of all forms.
• Negotiate rates, special placements and added value.
• Execute all media plans by finalizing contracts and issuing orders.
• Design optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements.
• Maintain media buys and provide monthly metrics/analytical reports, as well as a complete post-buy analysis.
• Monitor buys in progress by spot checking placements and negotiating credit or billing adjustments as necessary.
• Optimize and/or adjust buys in progress, as needed.
• Track media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
• Work with agency billing manager on client billing and monthly account reconciliation.
• Meet with media representatives and maintain a roster of strategic media partners.
• Stay abreast of current trends and technological advancements.
• Foster innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of media buying/planning across all forms of media. Strong preference towards someone with experience in digital media and traditional. A love dogs, chocolate and beer desired, but not required.