Revenue Growth Management Analyst
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. Snyder’s-Lance’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, pretzel crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, popcorn, nuts and other snacks. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover®, Lance®, Kettle Brand®, KETTLE Chips®, Cape Cod®, Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, Pop Secret®, Emerald®, Diamond of California®, Late July®, Krunchers! ®, Tom’s®, Archway®, Jays®, Stella D’oro®, Eatsmart Snacks™, O-Ke-Doke®, and other brand names along with a number of third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. For more information, visit the Company’s corporate website: www.snyderslance.com.
Snyder’s-Lance Revenue Growth Mgmt Analyst will support the Clearview Division that was recently established to develop more better-for-you snacks and to make sure these options reach our consumers. The Clearview Division consists of our Kettle Brand®, Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, Late July®, and Eatsmart® Snacks.
This role will support the company’s effort to achieve efficiency in trade management. This role will use a fact-based approach to drive optimization of trade marketing funds by assisting the development of the Clearview Division promotion budget, customer planning process, brand guidelines and trade promotion management system.
Essential job duties:
• Analyzes the company’s trade fund(s) to drive profitable incremental sales revenue.
• Conducts retailer event post performance analysis.
• Creates and maintains trade reporting and key performance indicators from multiple internal reporting systems in a concise, easily digestible format.
• Monitors compliance and maintenance of the company’s trade promotion management (TPM) software and advanced analytic modeling tools.
• Collaborates with Finance on proper trade expenditure execution, i.e. invoicing, accruals, deduction management and proof of performance.
• Power user of IRI to build effective consumption based analysis.
• May perform other duties as required.
Scope of responsibility:
This position will provide analytical support in the development of trade fund strategies and trade budgets for the Clearview Division. This position will help the Clearview Division improve the accuracy of planning and reporting total trade spending.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Strong analytical and technical skills such as all Microsoft applications, specifically to include pivot tables, formulas and graphs.
• Financial acumen is a plus.
• Working knowledge of trade funds management and trade promotion post performance analysis is a plus.
• Experience in consumer goods and/or industry, sales, brand or category management.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and use of syndicated data resources (IRI & AC Nielsen).
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in sales analysis, category management analysis, trade marketing, finance and/or brand marketing analysis required; or equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. graduate degrees and/or professional services).
Reports directly to:
Director, Revenue Growth Management
20% travel is required.