Have you seen the new Gold Line Trolley in action? I spotted it heading down the Blue Line track on a test run this past weekend. Hopefully it will be in full force soon so I can ride to Elizabeth for lunch.
Eat & Drink
- Taste of Charlotte: With samples from over 100 restaurants, live music, and activities. This is the best family event of the weekend. You have three full days so you can still check out some other cool events in Charlotte. Friday, 6/5 – Sunday 6/7
- Southeast Asian Street Food Festival: How much Pho can you eat? Find out this weekend at the Southeast Asian Street Food Festival and Pho eating contest. Saturday, 6/6; 12-4pm
- #SpringCleanMyBeer Lowcountry Boil and Charlotte Independence viewing party at NoDa Brewing. Event details here. Sunday, 6/7; 1:30-4:30pm; Tickets
- South End Gallery Crawl: It’s the first Friday of the month and time for another gallery crawl! Friday, 6/5; 6-9pm
- EMC Poker Tournament: This Texas Hold ‘Em tournament at Draught benefits A Child’s Place. $100 entry, Friday, 6/6 7pm. Tickets
- Summer Kickoff Party: Join SocialFlockers at Tilt on Trade for their Summer Kickoff Party featuring $3 Coronas and $4 you-call-its. Friday, 6/6; 8pm
- NoDa Culinary Tour: Learn about NoDa and its history and taste the area’s food, beer, wine and coffee on this walking tour. $47; Saturday, 6/6; 12:30-3:30pm; Tickets
- Dogtopia Dog Wash: This Sunday head over to the ultimate dog festival at Dogtopia of Charlotte. There will be vendors, live music, food trucks, and raffle prizes. Take your furry friend for a $15 bath and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Paws With A Cause. Sunday, 6/7; 12-4pm
- Bubonik Funk with George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic at Amos’ Southend. See these native Charlotteans play with these funk legends. $30, Friday, 6/5; doors at 8pm, show at 9pm
- Venturing Out of the Heart of Darkness closing celebration at the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts and Culture. Event features hands on activities for children, guided tour and a film screening. Saturday 6/6; 11am-2pm
- Charlotte Symphony’s opening night of Summer Pops at Symphony Park: This opening concert features music by Herny Mancini and Cole Porter to Brahms and The Beatles. $12; Sunday, 6/7; 8:15-9:45pm; Tickets
- ‘Seven Guitars’ at The Duke Energy Theatre produced by On Q Performing Arts. August Wilson’s play about blues, unexpected musical hits, righting wrongs and the fight for man’s own humanity. $28; playing through June 6; Information and tickets
- Live music: Check out this weekend’s band line up in Danny’s CLT Playlist of the week.
- Theatre: See additional theatre features in Collin’s June theatre picks article.
- Warrior Dash: Start your Saturday off right with an obstacle course 5K. One of the rewards for finishing this race is an ice cold beer. That’s all you need to hear. $90; Saturday, 6/6 starting @ 9am; Sign Up
- LUNGe Forward 5K: Support those affected by lung cancer at the LUNGe Forward 5K this Saturday at Park Road Park. Satuday, 6/6; 7am; Register Here
- NoDa 5K: This Saturday evening 5K is presented by NoDa Brewing and benefits Beards BeCAUSE. Starts and ends at NoDa Brewing where there will be beer, live music and food trucks. Saturday, 6/6; Register Here
- Bike with the Sunday Slow Riders: Group meets at Okra Yoga in Plaza Midwood. Ride starts at 8 pm. Helmets required. Sunday, 6/7; 8pm
- Knights Baseball Game: The Knights will be rolling back from Durham tonight and ready for this weekend’s series against the Norfolk Tides. Friday, 6/5 at 7:30pm; Saturday, 6/6 at 7pm; Sunday, 6/7 at 2pm
- Charlotte Hounds Game: The last time the Charlotte Hounds played the Ohio Machine, the Machine ended up on top with a 14-10 win. Come out and make some noise this Friday to help the Hounds win. Friday, 6/5; 7:30pm
- Women’s Pro Tennis: Touring professionals and collegiate players from around the world are participating in the qualifying round starting this Sunday. This Charlotte 49ers coach, Mark Price, will be there supporting his daughter, Caroline Price, who is the UNC Chapel Hill Women’s All American Player and will be playing in this event. Sunday, 6/7; free