My first reaction when I stepped into the Piedmont Social House (under final construction) in Ayrsely: This place is massive, the development team is obsessive and they’re not cutting corners. Wow.
Opens to the public on Friday, June 26th in Ayrsely (taking the spot that Fintastic previously occupied). Location (at Exit 1 off 485 – you’ll find PSH in The Ayrsley Town Center. Use 2135 Ayrsley Town Boulevard):
Let me get nerdy for a second – bowling alleys are going in 2 different directions: boutique (think 10 Park Lanes) and FEC (family entertainment centers – think laser tag). PSH is all about the boutique market. You can also tell that the design and strategy is to provide people with a ton of unique vantage points (love the mezzanine level bar) and a bunch of small hangout areas so that you could spend an entire Saturday there. Smart.
Piedmont Social House by the numbers:
- 23,041 sq ft with over 3,000 sq ft of patio space (roughly 2,000 sq ft is covered by structural canopy).
- 3 bars (1 pub, 1 patio bar, 1 restaurant bar).
- 16 minute drive from Uptown.
- 1 outside firepit area with lounge seatings.
- 2 private spaces for parties or corporate meetings.
- 40 beers (24 draft, 16 bottle)
- 72 taps throughout serving 24 different beers on draft
- 18 NC beers with 10 from Charlotte breweries. Charlotte: Triple C, NoDa, Unknown, Sugar Creek, OMB. Other NC: Highland, Duck Rabbit, Big Boss, D9, Red Oak, Olde Hickory.
- 6 out-of-state – Terrapin, Narragansett, Konig, Magner’s, Bell’s, Stone
- 43 screens (40 HDTVs, 11 of which are outside, 3 projection monitors)
- 12 bowling lanes
- 4 tournament sized billiard tables
- 4 ping pong tables (2 indoors, 2 on the patio)
- 2 sets of cornhole boards
- 1 shuffleboard
- 1 foosball table
- 4 dart boards
- 5 retro arcade classic titles including Big Buck Hunter and Golden Tee.
Take a look inside PSH:
“Piedmont Social House will serve as the social hub of Southwest Charlotte, providing the finest in approachable cuisine to a wide variety of customers in a Prohibition-inspired setting that pays homage to the Piedmont region’s rich history.
Built around the strong re-emerging trend in bowling, Piedmont Social House will capitalize on the synergies of great food and social activity in a relaxed atmosphere where customers have a wealth of activities to choose from. The gaming component will feature 12 brand new QubicaAMF bowling lanes – One hour wait to bowl? Grab a local craft beer from one of PSH’s three bars and catch a game on any of the 43 HDTV screens. Find your way to one of four tournament sized billiards tables, four ping-pong tables, shuffleboard, darts, cornhole, foosball, or the retro arcade. Or pull up a seat next to the fire pit and take in the evening with your party on Charlotte’s largest outdoor patio.
At the heart of the PSH experience is what will keep regulars coming back time after time: the chicken. A full service restaurant will feature Southern inspired cuisine from a chef-driven menu built around the best fried chicken platters in Charlotte. The restaurant bar, the patio bar, and indoor pub will provide a vast selection of craft beer and unique cocktails to wash down PSH’s signature fried chicken sandwich.
So whether you are a local looking to spend your Autumn Saturdays outside watching college football with your close friends, a young professional unwinding after a long week amongst your coworkers, or a business celebrating a great year, Piedmont Social House will fill the void of social experience that has long been missing in Southwest Charlotte.”