If you were out of town last weekend you really missed a great weekend in Charlotte. Well, maybe you were somewhere tropical, and in that case I’m jealous. Anyways, can you believe the weekend is here already? It’s a good thing this was a short week because last weekend really took it out of me and going back to work was rough. Have a great weekend!
- Queen City Conscious Market: The Queen City Conscious market is back this weekend at Heist Brewery. Head over to Heist this Saturday for lunch and the opportunity to shop at local vendors. Saturday, 5/30; 11:30am-3:30pm
- Best of the Best: This Friday the Charlotte Magazine Best of the Best winners for 2015 will be celebrated at the Fillmore with local food and 90’s music. Get a ticket for only $18 to go celebrate the places you love most in Charlotte. Friday, 5/29; 6:30pm
- Comedy Zone – Iliza Shlesinger: This Last Comic Standing winner will surely keep you laughing this weekend. I have seen her stand up shows online and this is one show I would not miss. Multiple Show Times Thursday – Saturday. Tickets
- Cyclemania: Bring your vintage motorcycles or scooters out to play this weekend. The Chop Shop in NoDa will be hosting this year’s Mod’s vs Rockers event. Saturday, 5/30; 11am
- NoDa Brewing Co. American Homebrewers Association and Hop Showcase: Enjoy NoDa beer, participate in the Hop Showcase, meet NoDa brewers and staff, VIP tour of the brewery, meet local home brewers. Saturday, 5/30; 10am-1pm. RSVP.
- Seven Guitars at The Duke Energy Theatre produced by On Q Performing Arts. August Wilson’s play about blues, unexpected musical hits, righting wrongs and the fight for man’s own humanity. $28; showing now until June 6. Schedule and tickets.
- All Shook Up at Rock Hill Community Theatre. Elvis inspired songs drive this Joe DiPietro musical. Expect some hip-swiveling and lip-curling. $10-$15; showing now until May 30. Schedule and tickets.
- Color Run 5K: Looking to add some color to you outfit this weekend? Head over to the Charlotte Motor Speedway and have some paint thrown in your face. Saturday, 5/30; 8am
The Color Run makes you wanna…JUMP! JUMP! 🙌 #Happiest5k A photo posted by thecolorrun (@thecolorrun) on
- Critical Mass Bike Ride: This group ride starts at Common Market in Plaza Midwood on the last Friday of every month. This a fun way to ride bikes with friends through the queen city. Friday, 5/29; 8-11pm
- Knights Baseball Game: The Knights are back in Charlotte this weekend playing Lehigh Valley for the second weekend in a row. Catch a game this Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Schedule and tickets.
- USA Rugby Quarter Finals: The Eastern Regionals will be held in Charlotte this Saturday and Sunday. Select Rugby clubs from all over the east coast will be here fighting for a win. Read Mary’s Agenda article on reasons you should go here. Dates & Times
A photo posted by Rugby Athletic Center, LLC (@rugbyathlcenter) on
- Charlotte Hounds Game: The Charlotte Hounds face the New York Lizards this Saturday at Memorial Stadium. I did not make it to the game last Saturday but I sure could hear the crowd and see the fireworks from the roof of Peculiar Rabbit. Saturday, 5/30; 7pm