Coworking is hot right now. Charlotte has Packard Place, Industry, @809, C3 Labs and soon we will have Advent Coworking. I’m bullish on coworking and still don’t think supply meets demand in Charlotte. And, demand will continue to grow.
Now, Charlotte is getting it’s first national coworking player – Level Office.
Level Office skews towards slightly more established startups, small businesses and self-employed.
The Chicago-based company purchased a mediocre-looking building on 4th Street in uptown close to Green’s for $2.1 million (25,600 sq ft). Renovations are happening now. The location is amazing.
Here are the details on the Level Office space:
- Coworking memberships start at $199/mo and private office memberships start at $349/mo.
- 3 floors. 25-30 private offices on each floor. 2nd floor is currently leased for the next 18 months, so it will not be renovated until after lease runs out.
- Total of approximately 85 private offices. Office space will range from 80 sq ft to 350 sq ft.
- Rent includes: 100 MBPS fiber internet, receptionist, WiFi, company logo display, furnished office suites, indoor bike racks, dedicated phone #, amenity space, utilities & taxes, 24/7 secured access, on-site management and mail service.
- Additional features include: Espresso bar, printing services, on-site storage, cocktail bar & beer on tap, fully stocked fridge, administrative assistance, meeting rooms w/ video conferencing.
- Space will have a TopBrewer. This is top of the line coffee fanciness. If you’ve never heard of this thing, you need to check it out. Unlimited coffee program costs $30/mo.
- Snacks and adult beverages are on an honor system (like a country club) and added to your monthly invoice. Prices are $3/beer (draft) and $5/mixed cocktail.
- Parking is not included in any memberships. You’re on your own.
- Offering a pre-opening deal. If you sign a 12 month lease before August 1st (when they open), you get your 3rd and 9th month free.
- Fulltime receptionist on-site.
Current photos of the space:
Future office photos: