***Update (9/22): Queen City Beer and Chili is now open***
Queen City Beer & Chili (QCBC) hopes to open before the end of June at 135 Brevard Court in back of Uptown’s Latta Arcade across from Hooligan’s.
- Owners are Kristian Pedersen (owner of Courtyard Hooligans, Valhalla Pub and Crafty Beer Guys), Mark Krehbiel (owner of Courtyard Hooligans) and A.J. Ellis.
- QCBC will be both a quick, casual dining establishment and a beverage company.
- They will have 20 beers on draft that can either be ordered by the pint to enjoy at their bar or poured for growlers to take to go.
- The beer selection will be focused on harder to find/unique beers from around the US, including a few taps dedicated to local “one off” and seasonal brews.
- Food will be quick and casual with a focus on chili – Cincinnati style, traditional red style, and limited release styles such as vegetarian, chicken and short rib.
- The menu will feature chili dogs/coneys, chili cheese burgers and chili cheese fries/rings. See the full menu with prices below.
- Customers will order a vehicle (dog, burger or fries/rings) and a chili to go on top.
- Seating in the growler shop will consist of two community style tables that seat eight people, the bar and a food rail along the wall. Additional seating will be available outside in the courtyard.
“My personal favorite is my Cincinnati chili recipe. I have spent a lifetime tinkering and perfecting my recipe to have the best characteristics of the myriad chili parlors from back home.” – Mark Krehbiel, co-owner
- QCBC strives to be one of the fastest lunch services in Uptown. Order at the counter and expect to have your lunch in a matter of minutes.
- They are targeting a $7-$11 price point for meals
- Cincy Coney – $2.99
Dog topped with Cincinnati chili, onions, mustard and cheese
- Southern Chili Dog – $2.99
Dog topped with red chili, onion, cheese and slaw
- New York Wienah – $2.99
Dog topped with onion sauce and mustard
Burgers (choose chili/toppings) – $6.99
Chili cheese fries/onion rings – $6.99
- Fries – $2.49
- Onion rings – $2.49
- Jalapeno caps – $1.99
- Slaw – $1.29