Do you have a passion for working in an environment that you absolutely love each day? Do you love numbers, finance and even accounting, but hate sitting in your boring cube or waiting for the next accountant to leave, which will be never…
We have an exciting position that has opened at a top creative advertising agency in Charlotte, NC.
If you want to be apart of a team that makes a difference and has purpose… make sure you reach out to us!
As a member of our team here at Theory Communication & Design, the Finance Coordinator will be responsible for managing the daily operations of accounts, both internally and for our partners.
For this position, it means stewarding our resources to help our team accomplish their goals under the budget we’re afforded for tasks, both large and small, without exception. You’ll work for some of the world’s largest corporations and be tasked with some the greatest responsibility of your life. It’s a lot of fun, and the most demanding experience you’ve ever had, all while being surrounded by some of the most talented people you’ve ever met. We thank you for taking the time to see if you’d like to help us help others.
Personally manage the daily payables and receivables with exacting detail to meet all deadlines and budget targets to assist our Finance team.
You will be assisting our Finance team with the day-to-day stewardship of budgets various teams are afforded on projects, to flawlessly execute payables and receivables on time and under budget to save our partners money.
• The ability to transform ideas, high-level business requirements, strategies, market trends, organizational standards and best practices into financial action plans.
• Creating and managing budgets to exacting detail per the unique specifications of various partners and the specific needs of each. Managing these budgets to the penny on every project, every time.
• Evaluate daily incoming expenses (credit cards & accounts) & trends to recommend changes as appropriate to ensure we pass along the most value possible to our partners.
• Manage all outgoing vendor payments, ensuring payments go out on time and that all vendors gets paid on time – and with candy.
• Maintain accounting records in adherence to our partners’ financial procedures, preparing internal and external financial reports, and preparing and recommending budget procedures – working with our accounting team to do so.
• Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers, spreadsheets and QuickBooks databases.
• Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records.
• Research new technologies, standards, and integrate those ideas across various teams.
• Reporting on all activity with quantitative and qualitative metrics.
• Enjoy and contribute to a fun and youthfully-minded environment.
• Be relentless in giving others credit before yourself.
• An innate desire to serve others before yourself.
• A strong drive to continuous learning, taking instruction, growing oneself and those around you on a daily basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professional standards and quality without exception.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, written and oral communications skills.
• General understanding of QuickBooks.
• Creating Excel Assessments (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
• Creating Word Documents (spelling, grammar, AP style, etc.).
• Creating PowerPoint Decks (slide masters, formatting, smart art, etc.).
• The ability to function in a small team and take lead on big and small tasks.
• The ability to fail. To share with others why they failed & grow personally from failures.
• Demonstrate organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Knowing how to say “Ma’am” and “Sir”.
Technologies we use:
• Microsoft Office
• Pen and paper
Ultimately, we want you to be so dedicated to over-delivering on every task and so dedicated to our team that you grow far beyond the scope of this position here at Theory.
You are our future, and we want you to show us that future. There is a ceiling to this whole business on what you can accomplish – and the person that sets that ceiling is YOU! The ball will constantly be in your court. You will have all the chances in the world to shine and to be a part of one amazing youthfully-minded and continuously-evolving creative agency.
But it all starts with making a difference in someone’s life. If you need to do that to be happy, you’ll be happy with us.