Assistant Vice President/Practice Operations (HIRED)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The AVP Practice Operations will have responsibility for approximately 13 surgery/surgical services practices across the Charlotte area and surrounding counties as well as some physicians in hospital services lines insurgery/surgical services. Assists with the development of new clinical services, research and other clinical programs. Responsibilities include working with physicians, Executive Director and President on quality improvement strategies established, and assisting with implementation, tracking and reporting. Implements strategy and supports a constructive relationship with all stakeholders through effective communication and diplomacy. Supervises staff.
Provides support services for program development including data collection and analysis, problem solving and conflict resolution, relationship management and process evaluation and improvement.
Understands and applies the management information, concepts and principles necessary to address a broad range of medical practice tasks and situations in the following domains:
• Financial Management
• Human Resource Management
• Governance and Organizational Dynamics
• Planning and Marketing
• Information Management
• Risk Management
• Business and Clinical Operations
• Recommends knowledge-based solutions and courses of action that will promote quality improvement.
• Integrates and coordinates operations between multiple locations.
• Organizes and manages human and physical resources in order to achieve input, buy-in, and optimal performance.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending and pushing, appropriately. May encounter stressful situations.
Education, experience and certifications:
• MBA/MHA or relevant graduate degree required.
• Minimum of 10 years of effective/operation group practice management experience.
• Experience working with an integrated delivery system is highly desirable.
• Supervises daily operations of multiple practices through on-site practice managers.
• Implements and reports practices’ compliance with CPN and CHS policies and procedures.
• Develops and encourages systems in each practice that promote clinically effective and efficient patient care.
• Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with CHS and CPN mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives.
• Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of the practices in their divisions to ensure high quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent staff.
• Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities safely.
• Manages by objective, reports by exception and works with a keen eye to clinical and financial excellence in the stewardship entrusted to them.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
How to apply: