Part-Time Assistant (EXPIRED)
THIS JOB POST IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation is seeking an assistant for our resident program director serving Charlotte, North Carolina for 25 hours per week.
This work involves:
• Engaging in the work of the Charlotte Communities and National Initiatives Program by supporting the grant process.
• Assisting the work of the local program director and internal and external partners through scheduling meetings, filing paper and electronic documents and taking meeting notes.
• Organizing local events; coordinating attendance, timelines and budgets.
• Arranging travel and tracking expenses for the Program Director and guests of Knight convenings; – Submitting vendor check requests, updating budget projections monthly and partnering with the Program Director in the development of Charlotte’s annual budget.
• Playing a role on the broader Communities and National Initiatives support staff team by assisting on cross-department projects when requested.
The right candidate has experience working in a high-performing, deadline-oriented environment as an administrative assistant. S/he is a proven clear thinker, has good judgment, is well organized and solution oriented. S/he is efficient and a self-starter. S/he can write well, has strong interpersonal communications skills and is highly professional. Experience posting and updating on social media – such as Facebook and Twitter – is a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google Chrome are required.
Knight Foundation continues the work of John S. and James L. Knight, two brothers who founded a company that became one of the dominant newspaper chains in the United States. While that firm no longer exists, the brothers’ principles still guide their independent foundation. We support transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. We believe that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged.
The essential elements for this work are: belief in a vision, courage to push for change, willingness to explore new ideas, expertise to accomplish the work and tenacity to reach the desired results. If you share this passion, we want to hear from you. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
How to apply:
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please.
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.knightfoundation.org.