Associate Director of Data and Research (Hired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Associate Director of Data and Research will lead evaluation, reporting, and research efforts for all programs with a view towards creating and sustaining economic mobility initiatives. This position will also ensure that data informed decision making occurs in order to increase services that empower people to escape the constant threat of homelessness. This role will help implement the agency’s mission to empower people to move from financial crisis to financial stability with a goal of achieving economic mobility.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Supervisory Responsibility: Volunteers and interns
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Service Performance and Research
• Analyze and synthesize data on program performance and trends.
• Provide guidance and leadership to drive excellent customer data collection practices and management.
• Ensure the efficiency, dignity and effectiveness of all services being deployed.
• Create synthesized performance management reports on a periodic basis to inform and support decision making.
• Support staff in interpreting and using analysis for program review and communication to internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis of feedback surveys and case management system.
• Work with The UNCC Institute for Social Capital and others to secure data on clients’ outcomes.
• Provide periodic public reports to be a resource for community education.
• Prepare reports (written and graphical) that analyze demographic and other outputs to inform decision makers.
• Create constructive feedback loops through evaluation, lessons learned, program enhancements and implementation.
• Create ongoing process of reflection and learning.
• Customize and maintain data analytics to create an integrated framework for evaluation and learning across programs.
Project Management Liaison
• Serve as direct liaison to agency Project Manager ensuring ownership and focus on all programs projects.
Economic Mobility Outcomes Champion
• Focus on the strategic services contained within the economic mobility initiative to guide growth, analyze outcomes and replicate success.
• Support the Associate Director of Programs, Economic Mobility, in leading the agency to achieve the strategic initiatives of the division.
Experience and performance requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities):
• Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service orientation with a demonstrated commitment to those in poverty.
• Experience using a variety of data analysis and statistical techniques, including data aggregation, data mining, and developing queries for data extraction.
• Collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
• Project Management skills.
• Ability to translate technical concepts into clear instructions for staff with varying degrees of comfort with technology.
• Professional experience conducting data analysis and conducting/managing data collection for program assessment or evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience communicating the results of analyses in written reports and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to audiences of various backgrounds.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; preferably comfortable conducting analysis with statistical software.
• Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, planning or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 5 years in data evaluation and analysis.
• Knowledge of community development and best practices in helping people achieve social mobility.
Physical demands and work environment:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will work primarily in an office environment and is required to work predominantly sitting.
How to apply: