Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach Associate (Hired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Assists with developing system wide initiatives and coordinates activities that build awareness of the organization’s brand among teammates and community with specific targeted emphasis on goals and priorities.
• Serves as a representative for Carolinas HealthCare System and for the Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team; coordinates and executes System-wide initiatives and provides excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Manager(s) and other department leadership; assists with creation of programs that effectively integrate with Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach strategies and that are measurable in design and execution.
• Begins to identify trends affecting projects and Carolinas HealthCare System; shows interest in competitive/marketplace dynamics. Understands clearly component tasks and their relationship to the broader focus of the project; begins to lead initiatives.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Prepares narrative explanations of analyses as appropriate and begins to contribute to project final deliverables. Provides regular progress updates and suggests potential solutions to project barriers.
• Demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across all work units within the department. Shares information and skills with other associates.
• Takes advantage of opportunities for self-improvement; contributes to annual goals and professional development plan.
• Enforces and manages the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Assists with reactive media/informational requests and acts as a resource for day-to-day queries for clinical areas and organizational priorities.
• Develops and researches materials for media (local, national and international) and for internal and external corporate communications channels, including videos, articles, stories, news releases, media advisories, pitch letters and press kits.
• Begins to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholder audiences, including, but not limited to, community members, patients, clinical and non-clinical employees, volunteers, and others.
• Represents Carolinas HealthCare System in a professional manner at internal and external functions, including community events, public relations activities, and professional organizations.
• Routinely integrates with the team to ensure that corporate messages and pitches are communicated as intended, and to brainstorm content ideas and potential contacts, internal and external to the organization.
• Works primarily in office environment.
• Occasional evening and weekend work.
• Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities.
• Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle.
• Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard.
• Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience required.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
How to apply: