Director of Real Estate Development (Hired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Responsible for the leadership of all real estate planning and development to support new construction, renovation, decommissioning, acquisition and disposition of owned or leasehold interests. The portfolio consists of administrative offices, hospital campuses, medical offices, land and other support facilities.
• Accountable for CHS planning program supporting executive leadership goals and initiatives to assure program/project alignment to CHS’s strategic objectives and long-range plan to fulfill its mission.
• Accountable for managing and supervising purchases and sales of real property and performance of related land and site development issues including due diligence, zonings and entitlements.
• Accountable for managing vacant land portfolio and protecting the interests and rights of CHS as it relates to real property.
• Leads the development and implements strategic plan for investment management of vacant land portfolio in support of System goals and objectives.
• Accountable for the acquisition and disposition due diligence for real property including assisting with negotiations, contract review through closing communications and data entry.
• Serve as a key resource to FMG departments and business divisions, and advise senior leadership of real estate market trends and transportation initiatives that present opportunities or risks for CHS business interests.
• Work with in-house and outside legal counsel, as needed, in preparing all documentation relating to any transaction.
• Working with Project Construction Management (PCM) leaders, create optimization criteria for general office and medical office planning for new construction and significant renovations, and monitor the implementation of such criteria. Shepherd programs through the design process ensuring that CHS’s best interests are met through appropriate planning decisions.
Education, experience and certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field and equivalent work experience is required. Relevant Master’s degree and/or applicable licensure or certification is preferred. In addition:
• Minimum 10 years of direct experience in Corporate Real Estate activities including portfolio strategic planning, demand planning and forecasting, due diligence, market and property evaluations, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, transactional negotiations.Health care real estate preferred and NC Real Estate License alsopreferred.
• Professional experience in healthcare corporate real estate setting, or in similar organizations, is preferred.
• Demonstrated managerial experience in a complex, consultative and mission-driven culture like that of healthcare industry is helpful.
• Experience with large capital projects ($20M+) or multiple smaller scale projects. Significant expertise in development, capital planning, design, and construction, and the ability to introduce development that is more efficient and planning practices from outside.
• Deep knowledge of regulatory environment, including land use requirements, healthcare regulatory compliance, workplace safety requirements, and environmental regulations.
• Deep understanding of strategic and tactical planning and specific appreciation of the critical components of strategic and tactical planning for patient care settings.
• Experience designing, organizing, and leading multiple real estate development and planning initiatives, at both the departmental and institutional level with delivery of timely and quality results.
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and facilitate authentic relationships with clients and business partners to support responsive planning and quick studies to address information and real estate needs. Able to connect with diverse constituents with a variety of perspectives and priorities. Inclination to collaborate with peers and colleagues, such as Public Affairs, HR, Technology and other business partners. A team builder who can engage and motivate direct reports and business partners. Capable of listening to all parties’ needs and acting as a consensus builder, who can lead beyond consensus and manage expectations.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
How to apply: