THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE VIEW OPEN JOBS HERE.
Interested in working with us? We’re currently looking for a part-time Class Manager to join our team.
Who We Are
At SkillPop, we’re working to make in-person learning accessible. We’re a new, quickly-growing company in Charlotte, NC and have big ambitions for changing what education looks like in today’s world.
What We’re Looking For
Part-Time Class Manager
10 hours/week with the potential to increase responsibilities and hours over time.
We take hiring seriously and are looking to add someone who can bring energy and excitement to the SkillPop team. In this role, you’ll manage 2-3 classes each week from start to finish working closely with the teachers on set-up, class logistics, and tear down. You’ll be the first person to greet students when they walk in the door and you’ll make sure that they have a positive experience from start to finish. You’ll also be a liaison for the host and the teacher, ensuring that partnering with SkillPop is easy and beneficial for all involved.
Desired Traits & Qualifications:
- Confident leading groups or speaking publicly. No big speeches here, but you do need to be comfortable giving a short welcome (<5 minutes)
- Strong writing & communication skills. It sounds silly, but you need to be good at e-mail.
- Moves quickly and doesn’t mind hustling.
- Exhibits qualities of warmth, hospitality, and professionalism. You’ll be the face of our brand when you’re in a class, and that’s a big deal.
What To Expect if You Join Our Team
This role is initially for 10 hours/week; due to our class schedule, we’re looking for someone who can cover 2+ evenings per week and/or the occasional Saturday morning or afternoon. However, exact hours are flexible and we want your work to feel more like play!
You can also expect:
- Opportunity to be a central, visible part of a quickly growing startup and the ability to have a voice and role in our growth.
- Incredible networking opportunities with a wide range of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and creatives in Charlotte.
- A small (but fun!) team of people to work with.
- More free classes and coffee than you knew you wanted.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your interest!