Partnerships/Sales Intern & Operations Intern (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
DoorDash is an on-demand delivery company valued at $600M and backed by the investors in Google, Amazon, Facebook and Twitter. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people flexible work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
DoorDash is looking for two talented interns to play an important role as we rapidly scale the Charlotte market. We are looking for Partnerships/Sales and Operations Interns. Descriptions below:
Partnerships Lead Associate:
Will increase and improve the selection of restaurants for DoorDash customers throughout Charlotte. You’ll work closely with the local Partnerships team by identifying top targets, reaching the decision maker, and conducting sales meetings.
You must work harder than hard. You need to implement feedback quickly and effectively. You are an articulate orator who can get his or her ideas across in a succinct, friendly, and persuasive manner. You will be compensated based on performance, and will become a full-time employee if you prove that you have the chops.
What you’ll do:
• Create a partnership between DoorDash and the merchant
• Work to obtain the name and contact information of the decision maker
• Schedule appointments to meet with merchants
• Call restaurants
What you need to know/have/be:
• 1-2+ years of sales experience
• Highly tenacious, can get past no, not phased by rejection
• Articulate and sounds smooth on the phone
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com big plus
• Extremely organized and manages time very well
• An independent thinker and quick learner
• The desire to work for DoorDash full-time
• Graduate (or current student) of a competitive 4-year college or university
The Operations Intern will jump right in and assist with the optimization of our three core elements: dashers, merchants, and customers. You must be down, meaning you’re excited to do whatever is best for DoorDash. That’s how we operate and it’s what we believe.
• Acquire Dashers, keep the applicant funnel healthy & lead orientations
• Help develop a world-class driver fleet by monitoring performance, checking in on a regular basis, and conducting reviews
• Maintain outstanding relationships with our merchant partners and sell new merchants on our value proposition
• Grow the DoorDash customer base in our local market
• Excellent communicator
• Dedication to quality
• Extreme hustler
• High attention to detail/organization – prepared to maintain top-level quality control across multiple business areas
How to apply:
Please send resume, LinkedIn and/or Angel List profile, with optional brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also please answer the following question: “if you could work at any company in the world, what would it be?” Don’t say DoorDash. (250 words max)