There are a finite number of hours in each precious non-work day and they slip away faster than you can say, “Ugh, Monday.” That’s why each week we’re bringing you your best Charlotte bets for the weekend complete with 24 hours advance notice for all you type-A planners out there. So when the clock strikes 5pm on Friday and all your friends are like “What should we do tonight”… you get to be the hero.
Eat & Drink
(1) Food Truck Friday – Yes I’m sure you already know about Food Truck Friday, but did you know there’s a special guest tomorrow? Taste & See is rolling all the way down from Asheville with a truck load, yep a truck load, of burgers, wraps and even Asheville-approved vegetarian and gluten-free options. Friday 4/11, 5-9pm
(2) Moo & Brew – Burgers, beer and music by Langhorne Slim. Honestly, what else can you ask for? (More beer.) Charlotte wonderhuman Corri Smith is behind the scenes at this one so you really don’t want to miss it. General admission tickets are $45 and doors open at NC Music Factory at 2pm. Saturday, April 11
(3) Krazy Fish – So you know that little restaurant on Central Avenue that you always pass right by because it’s in an old Pizza Hut and looks rather questionable? Well, according to the travel blog Scoutology, Krazy Fish landed number 6 on the list of Top 16 North Carolina Seafood Spots.
(4) Breathe Deep Charlotte – Local beer, food, and music all for a good cause.
(5) Birdsong Brewery’s New Home – If you find yourself stumbling along the Charlotte Beer Trail this weekend. Make sure to check out the fancy new tap room at Birdsong Brewery. They have pitchers that Ted is really excited about.
@birdsongbrewing grand opening of the new space. Packed. A photo posted by Charlotte Agenda (@charlotteagenda) on
(6) Spring Charlotte Auto Fair – As a Charlotte native I grew up going almost every year. It’s a unique opportunity to see some of the coolest vintage cars and trucks still on the road. Oh yeah and they have cold beer. April 9-12
(7) Carowinds Fury 325 –The new Fury 325 rollercoaster sure has been getting a lot of press as the world’s tallest and fastest gigacoaster. (Most important question: What is a gigacoaster?) I think it’s time for a test ride this weekend. Hopefully they have all the kinks worked out!
(8) Masters 2015 – Like all sports, make sure to watch the most important part of the Masters – the last ten minutes. My couch and TV are open to all but I won’t be there. I’ll be somewhere with lots of TV’s like the new Duckworth’s Uptown.
(9) Knights vs. Tides – I don’t usually trust weather.com (because it isn’t run by Brad Panovich) but it’s telling me Saturday night looks promising for the Knights baseball game. At $20 per ticket you can’t beat it.
(10) White Water Center Canoe Slalom Trials – If you give me one paddle, a tiny boat, and class 5 rapids you might as well just go ahead and call the ambulance. I think I’ll just watch from the Pump House Biergarten.