Hungry? Here are the 5 best wings spots in Charlotte.
After sampling way too many chicken wings around town (hello, Tums), we at the Agenda have debated and curated the definitive 5 best wings spots in Charlotte. Eat up.
Charlotte wing lovers know d.d. Peckers. It’s widely regarded as the #1 wing spot in our city. Inside, you’ll find a dark bar-type vibe — but don’t be mistaken, the employees and the wings are fantastic.
- Neighborhood: Pineville (10403 Park Road)
- Must-try flavors: Hot and Honey Hot
- Sauce options: 30. All sauces are made in-house and if you’re nosy, you can look into the kitchen and watch the cooks toss the chicken wings in large silver sauce bowls.
- Fun fact: d.d. Peckers served approximately 15,000 wings on Super Bowl Sunday
- Background: Owner Justin Holland bought d.d. Peckers in 2004 and has been running it ever since. He told the Agenda that their true secret to success is that they’ve had the same core staff for 10+ years.
This Dilworth neighborhood hangout may be the closest to “real Buffalo wings” you can find in Charlotte.
- Neighborhood: Dilworth (1524 East Boulevard)
- Must-try flavors: Gold Rush and Stingers
- Sauce options: 6. Buffalo-Style (medium or hot), Gold Rush (tangy-sweet BBQ), Jerkiyaki (jerk & teriyaki), Stingers (sweet-heat), Blackened (cajun rub & charred), Garlic-Parm (dry rub – mild).
- Background: With the mass New Yorker migration, there was definitely a market for a spot serving up authentic Buffalo wings and a safe haven for Bills fans. The many upstate New Yorkers I know say that Lebowski’s wings are the closest you’re going to get to “real Buffalo wings” like the ones you get (obviously) in Buffalo. I would expect nothing less; Lebowski’s owner is a transplant who grew up in Buffalo.