Here’s everything you need to know about Charlotte Agenda Live.
What is Charlotte Agenda Live?
10-part monthly speaker series. CA Live exists to provide a forum that acts as a catalyst for intentional dialogue around themes that are central to Charlotte and to provide actionable items to include you in making a difference. Hosted by Garrett Tichy and Sam White.
How does it work?
- Format: 5 minute introduction, 30 minute talk by speaker, 25 minute curated Q&A.
- Timing: Program starts at 7 p.m. But, the bar opens at 5:30 p.m. and closes at 10 p.m.
- Frequency: Third Thursday of each month. First event is Thursday, February 18 (details below).
- Cost: $5. Only 400 tickets available. Grab a ticket here.
- Location: Southside on Montford. 1600 Montford Drive, Charlotte, NC 28209.
- Can I buy adult beverages? Yes. But no food (although we’ll probably recruit some food trucks).
When is the first event? Subject?
- Title: Charlotte Agenda Live Chapter 1: Identity w/ Tom Hanchett. Tickets.
- Talk: Charlotte’s identity defined by the segregation of our neighborhoods. How and why we got where we are.
- Speaker: Dr. Tom Hanchett is Consulting Historian with Levine Museum of the New South, where he’s helped create a string of award-winning exhibitions. He’s intense and smart.
- Presented by: OrthoCarolina.
- Tickets: $5. Only 400 tickets available. Grab a ticket here.
- Date: Thursday, February 18.
- Time: Program starts at 7 p.m. The bar opens at 5:30 p.m. and closes at 10 p.m.
- Location: Southside on Montford. 1600 Montford Dr, Charlotte, NC 28209.
We’re taking over the entire Southside space on Montford. It’s massive. Young people know this as the go-to late night spot in Charlotte (made our list of top 5 spots for dance floor make outs). Old people know this as the old Andrew Blair’s where you met your wife back when you could hang out later than 10 p.m.
Who are the human beings leading this?
Garrett and Sam. Garrett is partner in both Ready at 7, a boutique digital marketing agency, and Hygge, an up-and-coming coworking space in the Third Ward. Sam White is a creative thinker with a passion and talent for bringing ideas to life. She is an art director, calligrapher and community builder with an intention to create spaces where people connect, grow and build together.
What do I do now?
Go grab a ticket. It’s $5, but space is limited. This will sell out.