- The event will take place in Founders Hall in Uptown and will feature over 40 wineries, 15 live auction items and dozens of silent auction items.
- Big Bottle & Blues benefits several local children’s charities, including Charlotte Concerts, Council for Children’s Rights, Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center, Safe Alliance, and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.
- Wine will be poured from wineries in the U.S., France, Spain and Italy, including Louis Latour, Anderson’s Conn Valley, Andrew Geoffrey and Hill Family Estate.
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery is the official beer sponsor of the event.
- CWFW has partnered with three local retailers, The Wine Vault, Arthur’s Wine Shop and Bond Street Wines, to make many of the featured wines available for purchase. A portion of the proceeds will go back to local charities.
- Live auction items include a trip to Napa Valley, dinner with Panthers President Danny Morrison and tickets the Bank of America 500 with pit row access.
“Big Bottles & Blues is a fantastic wine and food event to raise money for children’s charities in Charlotte and we’re extremely pleased with the participants who committed to help execute our mission. The unique wineries, special guests, auction items and partnerships will make for a successful event that we hope Forbes Travel Guide will notice again. In 2014, they rated our event in one of the top five festivals to visit. This year is no exception.” Dockery Clark, Executive Director of Charlotte Wine & Food Weekend
- CWFW has partnered with the new popular wine and beer app, Next Glass, which takes your current wine and beer preferences and makes recommendations by using science and chemistry.
- Forbes Travel Guide ranked Charlotte Wine & Food Weekend one of the top 5 must visit wine and food events in the country.
- Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance. Go.